Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 05-04-2021, 08:04 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2014 X2 (1986 MC Skier - SOLD)
Jabsco Ballast Pump Impeller Size, Qty, Location?

Can anyone confirm that the ballast pump impellers for Jabsco pumps in the 2014-era are universal across all MC models?

Just searching MCPartsDepot, it appears they only offer one: PN 300228. Says it fits all MC ballast pumps. Not sure if I'll order from them, or a less expensive alternative, but I was surprised to see only one size.

I'd like to order a few spares to toss in the glove box of my '14 X2 in order to avoid losing time on the water.... especially on a few upcoming trips in areas not well serviced by MC.

Also, can anyone confirm the number of pumps on my boat and locations? I was able to quickly locate a couple, but some (like the KGB) appear to be less obvious.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:29 PM
TT Regular

Boat: MasterCraft XT20, Ilmor 5.7
If it's a Jabsco ballast puppy pump that uses a 2" OD impeller with 5/16" shaft, go to ebay and search "Globe run dry impeller". It's a high quality (as good if not better that stock) ballast impeller and he sells them for $12 each which is a great price. I used them all of last year with no issues. They do NOT come with the o-rings. Shoot me a message and I can get you some o-rings, or go to the McMaster Carr website (mcmaster.com) and search (9452K123). You can get a 100 o-rings for $13.
Old 05-08-2021, 10:38 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft X45
You might want to check Wakemakers https://www.wakemakers.com/wakeboard-ballast-pumps. Their help desk can also help.