Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > MasterCraft In Your Area

Old 05-10-2021, 06:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2jp View Post
Do to life getting in the way, Iíve only been out once or twice on my boat or buddies Response. We have dry and wet suits so tried to make the most of that warm weather a couple weeks ago.

Once June get here we will be living at SML most of the summer. Would love to give you a pull! My favorite new toy is an HO Hovercraft. Itís a slalom style ski that has the same surface area as tandem skis. Easy starts, ski it around 18mph and you can sleep late b/c it doesnít need 5:30am glass to have fun on. We have slalom skis, wakeboards too.
I may have to take you up on that if things keep looking better with Covid! Seems like a cool ski. I may need to look into one just to have for guest and whatnot. I don't live at the lake year round either (my parents do), but I was there all last summer, and likely will do 50-70% this year, but time will tell, depending on my telework situation.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:39 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 MasterCraft X26
I guess on a positive note, maybe they will actually put premium fuel at the bridge instead of just mid grade so they can actually put fuel in their boats.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMLX26 View Post
I guess on a positive note, maybe they will actually put premium fuel at the bridge instead of just mid grade so they can actually put fuel in their boats.
Haha, maybe. I don't think they use ethanol free up there though, so it still wouldn't be my choice. Are the marina's having a fuel shortage generally? None of the gas stations in Penhook have premium right now (as of two days ago anyway).
Old 05-17-2021, 08:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 MasterCraft XT22
From what Iíve heard the marinas have gas or have been filled up. I donít see people rush buying it in their boat like cars. It all should be normal minus the price per gallon in a week or two
Old 05-17-2021, 09:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakejunkie View Post
From what Iíve heard the marinas have gas or have been filled up. I donít see people rush buying it in their boat like cars. It all should be normal minus the price per gallon in a week or two
That's good to here. It is still early season, so I am sure that helps. If this happened over Memorial Day weekend, we might have been seeing a lot of stranded boaters around!
Old 05-17-2021, 09:36 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 MasterCraft X26
Thanks for the update on the fuel. Hoping to get out this weekend, and enjoy the water and enjoy some great weather! Since I am up next to the bridge, at least I have a few options on the water assuming Webster's pumps are actually working.
Old 05-17-2021, 09:38 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMLX26 View Post
Thanks for the update on the fuel. Hoping to get out this weekend, and enjoy the water and enjoy some great weather! Since I am up next to the bridge, at least I have a few options on the water assuming Webster's pumps are actually working.
Just FYI, it's also Poker Run this Saturday.
Old 05-17-2021, 09:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1992 PS 205-285HO
I haven't heard of any places not having fuel. I think the cool, rainy weather probably helped that situation. But sucked for those of us wanting to get out. We managed a couple of short ski runs Saturday (in wetsuits and with hangovers haha). A few youngs kids w/o neoprene were wakeboarding around us. Warmer weather by the weekend supposedly!

FYI - I had a change to try out one of the new food options at Mariners Landing: Bottles & Bites, operated by the Landing. It's a cool spot located off the water but they offer a shuttle golf cart service if you tie up on the floaters at The Pointe. We took advantage of the pre-cooked dinners ($29.99) which you can eat on the patio or get to-go. They had live music this past Friday and Saturday, we had (too much) fun LOL. The menu changes nightly, website is not yet up and running but if interested in stopping by, call the Landing and inquire: (540) 328-1994
Old 05-17-2021, 01:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 MasterCraft XT22
Webster pumps were operational about 4 weeks ago when I stopped by. I know crazy horse says if all normal fill ups they will have fuel through Memorial Day. Gills just got filled up from foster fuels
Old 05-17-2021, 04:12 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2020 X22 / 2018 XT21 5500 (Sold) / 2015 NXT20 (Sold)
I was down this past weekend and most on land stations and crazy horse had gas. We were out most of Saturday surfing without wetsuits, water was 69 degrees and air temp was mid 70s.