Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 03-22-2021, 06:48 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 XT22
18+ Klipsch Stereo mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacmikes View Post
Update:
got the adapters switched around and everything is working! Thank you for the help!

It is my friends X24, who lives 45 minutes from me, so he switched the adapters around and reported back that all is well; I have not heard the boat in person...but he is extremely happy with the sound now that we upgraded the amps to the tower and subs.

Iím glad swapping them worked!

I can help with Klispch Stereo modifications
www.chesnuttech.com
Old 03-25-2021, 09:12 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 95 Prostar 205
eecyclone - got the TWK88 installed last night. I am more hopeful now. Lot's of tuning still to do, but I got the cockpit zone dialed in nicely. I am impressed with the Klispch speakers. The tweeters may be a bit undersized, but I might be able to manage that with the tune.

One question - I get some noise between tracks at moderate and hihger volume levels. I've played with various input voltages (currently at 7.1V), adjusting the DRC and trim levels. I cannot get it go go away. Does yours do the same? Maybe an artifact of running two DSPs back to back?

Everything is tied into the same ground and positive, except whatever triggers the screen at Key on, so I don't think it has anything to do with the install. I have a bluetooh receiver I might plug in to see if that eliminates the noise, but also wanted to see if you experienced the same issue?

Last edited by Diesel; 03-27-2021 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2021 Mastercraft X24 6.2L Ilmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
eecyclone - got the TWK88 installed last night. I am more hopeful now. Lot's of tuning still to do, but I got the cockpit zone dialed in nicely. I am impressed with the Klispch speakers. The tweeters may be a bit undersized, but I might be able to manage that with the tune.

One question - I get some noise between tracks at moderate and hihger volume levels. I've played with various input voltages (currently at 7.1V), adjusting the DRC and trim levels. I cannot get it go go away. Does yours do the same? Maybe an artifact of running two DSPs back to back?

Everything is tied into the same ground and positive, except whatever triggers the screen at Key on, so I don't think it has anything to do with the install. I have a bluetooh receiver I might plug in to see if that eliminates the noise, but also wanted to see if you experienced the same issue?
Any update on that noise? Im trying to decide what Im going to do. I have all my new amps but trying to decide which DSP to go with. I want something with master volume control knob so I can leave the master alone on the screens and just have the zones to control. The Twk is nice because the dual knob can be used for master and sub. Sub remote is my other must. It have an hd1200/1 so I was just going to use the remote for that if I don't end up with a twk.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:57 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2020 Mastercraft XT-23
Anyone have any input on best streaming quality apps? I like Amazon music app but when hooked up to Bluetooth it just sounds like I’m missing a little bit of quality.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:18 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmharcou View Post
Anyone have any input on best streaming quality apps? I like Amazon music app but when hooked up to Bluetooth it just sounds like Iím missing a little bit of quality.
Apple Music is what I use. Sounds awesome. Spotify sounds horrible.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer
Old 04-09-2021, 10:38 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal2vin View Post
Any update on that noise? Im trying to decide what Im going to do. I have all my new amps but trying to decide which DSP to go with. I want something with master volume control knob so I can leave the master alone on the screens and just have the zones to control. The Twk is nice because the dual knob can be used for master and sub. Sub remote is my other must. It have an hd1200/1 so I was just going to use the remote for that if I don't end up with a twk.
I've been slammed the past few weeks, but working on it this afternoon. I also picked up a DRC-205 to see if that makes any difference.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:39 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmharcou View Post
Anyone have any input on best streaming quality apps? I like Amazon music app but when hooked up to Bluetooth it just sounds like Iím missing a little bit of quality.
You can change the quality of the stream and download in Spotify. It's still not CD quality, but it helps. I have mine set at the highest bitrate.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:16 PM
MC Devotee

Okay I just played with it for about an hour.

Either the signal coming from the murphy screen to the Klipsch DSP or the signals coming out of the Klipsch DSP to the TWK88 is noisy. Or the bluetooth signal is noisy.

It is very noticeable between songs. It goes away when you hit pause on the screen or when no source is selected. I cannot seem to get the screen to play mp3 files via usb, but that would help me understand if it is bluetooth related.

I hooked up a spare exile media center I had laying around and the noise is gone, so I know it is being generated somewhere in the murphy/klipsch system. I know both DSPs are on the same power and ground, but I am going to trace out the power connections for the murphy screen. I thought it was also connected to the house battery bank, but I am going to investigate more.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:22 AM
MC Devotee

Well, I've spent considerable time on this and still cannot get the noise to disappear. It's minimal now, and most probably will not notice it, but it still exists at higher volumes with transition between songs. If I pause the music, it goes away immediately. After playing various sources including direct connection with USB, I've concluded it is coming from the murphy screen itself. I guess I am going to have to live with it this summer and reevaluate next winter.

Otherwise the system sounds really, really good with the additional power and added speakers. The helm speakers were the most difficult to stitch into the sound stage, but I am close. A bit more tweaking of my tune file and I should be good to go for this summer.
Old 05-17-2021, 11:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2021 Mastercraft X24 6.2L Ilmor
For anyone else following for ideas like I was when I started reading this rabbit hole. I installed the Twk-88 in my 2021 x24 with premium plus. Wetsounds sdx6 powering all 4 tower s80s and the dash speakers. Sdx4 powering the 4 cabin speakers and the bow. Jl audio hd1200/1 powering the subs. Had some terrible whining and just high pitch screeching in some speakers that was only present with the twk-88 in place. I rerouted back to bypassing the twk and it was silence. I switched the input voltage on the twk-88 from 5.6 down to 4 and the noise went away. Put it up to 7 and the noise went away too. Idk what it was about 5.6 but the noise was there and very loud. Hopefully that saved someone some time. I spent a full day chasing it.

Now Iíve got it all installed. A flat eq preset and then Diesels preset that can be switched by pressing in the remote which I mounted under the vertical screen.

Only issue I have now is that only the dash speakers have some harsh static in them only while music is playing. And only notice sometimes usually lower volumes. All other speakers are perfect. Going to try run swap around some wires and see if itís isolated to those speakers or amp channels or the outputs on the dsp or what. Guess it could be too much for those speakers 185 watts a piece from an sdx6. Possibly blown from the power but highly doubt it. Havenít hardly turned it up. Had it on for less than 5 hours total with the sdx6 powering it.

If anyone else has aftermarket dsp stories put them up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
2018, 5 years, all take and no give, ban hydrotunes, hydrotunes, i share my wife, kmc8pa