Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 05-18-2021, 01:13 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2020 XT22 & '91 PS190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallees View Post
Put a couple more hours on the boat over the weekend, (Its beginning to cool down). There were a couple things that I noticed. 1/ when loaded with about 800lb on top of stock, I was riding (wakeboarding) directly behind the boat, but the rooster tail was shooting to the port side a bit, I'm not overly worried as it didn't reall seem to affect the wake too much, just thought that was strange. Has anyone noticed this?
2/ I turned the battery switch on, and then the key on to check the fuel level. i turned the key off and was still sitting in the boat and after a couple minutes i saw the screen flash a bit and some of the backlighting was on, this does worry me. I would expect the key to turn off everything except the auto bilge pump.
1. 800 lbs plus full 2700 lbs of ballast at wakeboard speed? I'm impressed you can even get on plane. I board at 50% ballast with about 600 lbs of shot scattered around the boat at 21 mph on a 65-75' line. I think the wake is perfect for my needs and skill level and have not noticed any significant rooster tail.

2. I have noticed certain lights stay on with the key turned off - stereo remotes oddly enough and some others. I seem to recall threads about dual screens flickering and staying "hot" even with the key off. I only have the single touchscreen but I turn my battery off every night.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:08 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X2 2004 350 MCX MasterCraft XT22 2020 5.3GDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCraft Ranger View Post
1. 800 lbs plus full 2700 lbs of ballast at wakeboard speed? I'm impressed you can even get on plane. I board at 50% ballast with about 600 lbs of shot scattered around the boat at 21 mph on a 65-75' line. I think the wake is perfect for my needs and skill level and have not noticed any significant rooster tail.

2. I have noticed certain lights stay on with the key turned off - stereo remotes oddly enough and some others. I seem to recall threads about dual screens flickering and staying "hot" even with the key off. I only have the single touchscreen but I turn my battery off every night.
I've got the 5.3 and a 15x13 prop and use triple launch, it gets on the plane easily. I'm used to my old X2 which had about 2700lbs and the wake was pretty big. Our 22 is a bit bigger, but without the lip, so its easier to hit. I certainly don't need that much wake, but its what I'm used to. We will be trying an extra 400lb, just to see how big the wake can get. :-)
I'm hoping to get out this weekend and I'll try to get a photo of the wake from inside the boat looking out to see if it seems to be heading to port.

I don't have a stereo remote, it was the gauges screen that lit up, I only noticed it as it was in the garage and getting dark when it happened.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:41 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2020 XT22 & '91 PS190
Was the battery switched off when it was in the garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2021, 12:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 X2, 19 XT23
Quote:

23 vs 22, but we run 1600lbs additional ballast with upgraded prop and only the 5.7 and can get up to 28mph cruising if we use triple tab.
Old 05-18-2021, 03:37 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2020 X22 / 2018 XT21 5500 (Sold) / 2015 NXT20 (Sold)
Quote:

Dual screen does stay slightly backlit if battery is not off. It will run down battery in a week.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2018 XT22
Quote:
My screens shut off 30 minutes after the key turns off. During this time the screen backlight is still on but the screen is black. This is so the boat doesn't have to restart for every key off/on cycle less than 30 minutes. I'm not sure why the screen has to stay on to keep the computer on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT21LakeAnna View Post
Dual screen does stay slightly backlit if battery is not off. It will run down battery in a week.
The culprit for killing the batteries is the audio rack solenoid which never shuts off until the battery switch is off. I fixed the solenoid issue and haven't had any dead batteries despite leaving the battery switch on.

I can help with Klispch Stereo modifications
www.chesnuttech.com
Old 05-18-2021, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Boat: XT22
Yeah, I learned after the first time that I have to shut the battery switch off on my XT22. I didn't always remember to do it, but I learned....
Old 05-18-2021, 05:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Was the battery switched off when it was in the garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, battery switch was on. Just had the key turned off.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:42 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2020 XT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upnorth07 View Post
After reading some other threads, I want to change my impeller now and most likely will each season. I have 91 hours on the original.

Anyone know where the water pump is on a 2020 XT22 with the 5.3L GDI motor sol I can access the impeller?

I was just crawling around the engine and what looks like a water pump is on the stern side of the motor...nearly inaccessible.
Ok, found the water pump and impeller. I had to remove the rear panel (stern side) in the port locker. It was 3 screws and 2 bolts to unfasten. Then it simply pulled out. I could then kneel, head towards the stern, and look at the pump. The water pump cap is held on by three 10mm bolts. The cap swings to the side which is nice. Now I need to run to my dealer and get a new impeller-
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2021, 05:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eecyclone View Post
My screens shut off 30 minutes after the key turns off.

The culprit for killing the batteries is the audio rack solenoid which never shuts off until the battery switch is off.
Hmmm it sounds like there are a few issues with the electrical systems. I might see how hard it will be to re-purpose the amp rack solenoid and use it as an extra battery switch. If I put the solenoid in series with the battery switch and run a pair of wires to a switch under the dash, I would then not need to lift the cushion and turn off the battery switch every night, just flick a switch under the dash.