Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-27-2020, 03:56 PM
Tookeymonster's Avatar
Tookeymonster Tookeymonster is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2019 X22, '18 NXT22, '06 X30
Location: Rocky Mountains
Posts: 1,132
x23 where does the lead go?

Anyone with an x23 know the best place to put 500 lbs of lead? I have 650 but not sure would need it... Looking at a used x23.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-07-2021, 09:31 AM
uplandbird uplandbird is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tookeymonster View Post
Anyone with an x23 know the best place to put 500 lbs of lead? I have 650 but not sure would need it... Looking at a used x23.
Did you ever get an answer to this question? I have 400 and I put them under the bags in the rears. Ive been happy with that. But some say its better under the tower footings. Curious if anyone answered this Q. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-07-2021, 10:14 AM
Diesel's Avatar
Diesel Diesel is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 95 Prostar 205
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,985
Weight near the tower base seemed to give me the best bang for the buck in my x23.

Under the bags in the back seemed to make it steep, but I lost push and length. With the extra weight near the tower legs it was less sensitive to other weight in the boat and I could adjust the tabs to fine tune.
__________________
05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-07-2021, 10:25 AM
Tookeymonster's Avatar
Tookeymonster Tookeymonster is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Boat: 2019 X22, '18 NXT22, '06 X30
Location: Rocky Mountains
Posts: 1,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Did you ever get an answer to this question? I have 400 and I put them under the bags in the rears. Ive been happy with that. But some say its better under the tower footings. Curious if anyone answered this Q. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Weight near the tower base seemed to give me the best bang for the buck in my x23.

Under the bags in the back seemed to make it steep, but I lost push and length. With the extra weight near the tower legs it was less sensitive to other weight in the boat and I could adjust the tabs to fine tune.
Thanks guys! I went with a 2019 X22, but have a buddy with an x23 I will pass the info on too.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-07-2021, 01:07 PM
uplandbird uplandbird is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Boat: 2018 X23 6000GDI - Previous 2014 Gen2 X25 6.0L
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Weight near the tower base seemed to give me the best bang for the buck in my x23.

Under the bags in the back seemed to make it steep, but I lost push and length. With the extra weight near the tower legs it was less sensitive to other weight in the boat and I could adjust the tabs to fine tune.
This is great info. Thanks! Where on the STBD side did you put the lead? Did you sacrifice the cooler space? Or Trash Can? Or both?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-07-2021, 02:50 PM
Diesel's Avatar
Diesel Diesel is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Boat: 95 Prostar 205
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 1,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
This is great info. Thanks! Where on the STBD side did you put the lead? Did you sacrifice the cooler space? Or Trash Can? Or both?
I set them upright in the small space between the tank and hull spreading out from the tower base. This way I could still use my cooler.
__________________
05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:32 PM.


2020