Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 11-19-2018, 09:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X30, 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
Thank you for this.
I'm getting ready to plumb bags in our X2 and couldn't find that part on wakemakers either.
What makes it different than the check valve on the bag vent line?
Not sure why Wakemakers doesn’t sell the spring loaded check valves. Also not sure how their check valves work as I didn’t install one on the bag vent lines - I simply rely on the fact that the water flows to the back of the bag while under way and that’s been good enough to get 95% of the water out of the bag.
I think the Wakemakers style of check valve simply uses a rubber flapper.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:19 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X45, 2007 Indamor 8.1 Vortec
I am going to piggyback my bags to my hard tanks this winter and I have all my supplies except the spring loaded check valve. Can anyone provide a link to a reliable spring loaded check valve that they used in their piggyback ballast system similar to the one WakeMakers uses from the hard tank to the vent? I have seen some from Grainger but theirs seem to be 1/2lb spring tension. Has anyone used theirs and is it enough tension to fill the the bag or does it go through to the overflow vent? Thanks!

-RJ

2007 Mastercraft x45
Old 06-23-2020, 09:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh2196 View Post
I am going to piggyback my bags to my hard tanks this winter and I have all my supplies except the spring loaded check valve. Can anyone provide a link to a reliable spring loaded check valve that they used in their piggyback ballast system similar to the one WakeMakers uses from the hard tank to the vent? I have seen some from Grainger but theirs seem to be 1/2lb spring tension. Has anyone used theirs and is it enough tension to fill the the bag or does it go through to the overflow vent? Thanks!

-RJ

2007 Mastercraft x45
What check valve did you end up using?
Old 03-22-2021, 02:19 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft X2 MCX 350
Edit: After getting a closer look at another Piggyback system and receiving the Banjo in the mail, its not the same check valve wakemaker's uses but close. Both are Polypropylene 1 lb stainless spring loaded psi FNPT valves. The WM is slightly smaller.

Banjo CV100
https://www.jmesales.com/banjo-1-in-...yABEgKtTvD_BwE

Last edited by BatserCraft; 03-27-2021 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:10 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2004 X-STAR, 6.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh2196 View Post

-RJ

2007 Mastercraft x45
Any amount of tension will make the bag fill. It's the emptying that is affected by the valve.