• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LostDriver669
    MC Fanatic
    • Feb 2019

6 figure mistake?

The wife and I thought we were keeping the X2 we bought this year, but she informed me just how much she hated the bag I put in the walkway last trip and it looks like we are searching for a newer larger model. That said, we have a decision to make and I could use some help as this is a ton of money for a toy.

We’ve pretty much narrowed it down to a X30 or XT23 and our dealer made me an offer I’m not sure we can pass up. So, what is everyone’s thoughts on this?

2019 XT23 w/ cool feel, 5000 MPI, 7” screen, and other basic options for a good % off listed MSRP. That percentage is likely a little off as they are switching the large rim trailer for a standard model. We are going to be demoing it likely next weekend, but I’m curious everyone’s opinion on the 5.7 vs 5.3 and if I will need a prop change? Also, the X30 has huge rear compartments that are easy to swap larger bags into, however I haven’t been able to find much info on the XT and if it’s even needed for an excellent surf wake.
    Last edited by JohnE; 08-31-2019, 08:34 AM.
  • MC25
    MC Master Poster
    • Nov 2007

Wut lol
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• BudmanV24
      MC Devotee
      • May 2013

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
      Wut lol
      Let me translate for you

Originally posted by LostDriver669 View Post
      The wife and I thought we were keeping the X2 we bought this year, but she informed me just how much she hated the bag I put in the walkway last trip and it looks like we are searching for a newer larger model. That said, we have a decision to make and I could use some help as this is a ton of money for a toy.
      Wives don't want to see ballast. He wants to stay married and still get to boat, so he's looking for a boat that he doesn't need ballast on the floor.

We’ve pretty much narrowed it down to a X30 or XT23 and our dealer made me an offer I’m not sure we can pass up. So, what is everyone’s thoughts on this?

2019 XT23 w/ cool feel, 5000 MPI, 7” screen, and other basic options for a good % off listed MSRP. That percentage is likely a little off as they are switching the large rim trailer for a standard model.
      Is this a good deal for a 2019 xt23?

We are going to be demoing it likely next weekend, but I’m curious everyone’s opinion on the 5.7 vs 5.3 and if I will need a prop change? Also, the X30 has huge rear compartments that are easy to swap larger bags into, however I haven’t been able to find much info on the XT and if it’s even needed for an excellent surf wake.
      Is the 5.7 a good choice, or should he hold out for a 5.3? Lastly, he wants to know if the xt23 and x30 share the same rear compartments.

Let me know if you need any more translations
      Last edited by JohnE; 08-31-2019, 08:34 AM.
      2006 MasterCraft XStar
      2006 MasterCraft X1 - Sold
      2003 Sevylor Caravelle 7' 6"

Comment

• LostDriver669
        MC Fanatic
        • Feb 2019

Wut lol
        Yea... we went to go checkout a few of the used ones they had and the pro shop and she feel in love with the tan interior and they had the color she liked for the gel.

Originally posted by BudmanV24 View Post
        Let me translate for you

Wives don't want to see ballast. He wants to stay married and still get to boat, so he's looking for a boat that he doesn't need ballast on the floor.

Is the 5.7 a good choice, or should he hold out for a 5.3? Lastly, he wants to know if the xt23 and x30 share the same rear compartments.

Thanks for the chuckle, and yes basically all this. Biggest concern is I know the X30 is proven and I can find where and how much weight to add on here, but I’m not sure with the XT and haven’t been able to get a concise answer when I searched.

Comment

• dh009
          TT Enthusiast
          • May 2017

I need you to teach me how you parlayed bags on the floor into a new XT23!!!

I think I would have got the reply, “just remove the bags.”

Just kidding, I think my wife is hooked now and understands the reason for sinking the boat a little further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• jesam
            MC Fanatic
            • May 2015

To answer your question, it doesn't get any better than a good % off MSRP. That's the lowest I've heard on a new MC, and I keep up with it. Its a general consensus that the XT23 is as good or better than the X30 with the same weight. More XT23 are sold in the southeast than any other model. When you see a new MC on the water, its usually a XT23, the picklefork XT22 isn't as popular around here for some reason. Sounds like you're under $100k. I'd buy it.
            Last edited by JohnE; 08-31-2019, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• eecyclone
              MC Devotee
              • Oct 2014

Sounds like a great deal. I'm going to buy a fatsac to put on the floor of my XT22 and see if I can get an Xstar out of it. Wish me luck.
              '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
              (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
              '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
              www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• LostDriver669
                MC Fanatic
                • Feb 2019

Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
                Sounds like a great deal. I'm going to buy a fatsac to put on the floor of my XT22 and see if I can get an Xstar out of it. Wish me luck.
                You might need more than one. A lot more floor space to cover. 😂
                Attached Files

Comment

• dh009
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • May 2017

You just need a bigger bag!!!!

Bladder tanks for water storage. Water Bladders and onion tanks to store both potable and non potable water. Call for all your bladder tank needs.

Comment

• MC25
                    MC Master Poster
                    • Nov 2007

Let me translate for you

why I said wut is, I took him on 30 and then he decided no new boat lol
                    Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                    For Sale:

Comment

• mastercraftka
                      MC Devotee
                      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by jesam View Post
                      To answer your question, it doesn't get any better than a good % off MSRP. That's the lowest I've heard on a new MC, and I keep up with it. Its a general consensus that the XT23 is as good or better than the X30 with the same weight. More XT23 are sold in the southeast than any other model. When you see a new MC on the water, its usually a XT23, the picklefork XT22 isn't as popular around here for some reason. Sounds like you're under $100k. I'd buy it.
                      That is about the same I got its a great deal i think.
                      2017 XT23

Comment

• MC25
                        MC Master Poster
                        • Nov 2007

That is absolutely the best deal I’ve heard of.
                        Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                        For Sale:

Comment

• neil.anderson63
                          MC Maniac
                          • Dec 2011

Let me translate for you

Preach!!!
                          Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

• LostDriver669
                            MC Fanatic
                            • Feb 2019

off is absolutely the best deal I’ve heard of.
                            How does it compare stock to you 30?

And similar to you, the tan interior w SeaDek is what did it and also having a warranty that we can transfer when we move in 2 years should we have to sell if there isn’t a lake where they send me.
                            Last edited by LostDriver669; 08-31-2019, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• maniacmikes
                              MC Devotee
                              • May 2014

6 figure mistake?

After putting hundreds of hours on my old x30 in every configuration- upgraded rear bags, lead, 1,100 on the floor, etc. I can tell you that the XT23 wave is better.

My two buddies have XT23’s and I ride behind them often. The XT23 with less weight is better. Running 300 pounds of lead in a stock XT23 felt like my old X30 with the upgraded rear bags, 400 pounds of lead and an 1,100 on the floor...probably still with slight edge going to the XT23.

Both of them have the 5.3, which i think is the perfect motor for that boat. Sips fuel and has plenty of power to spare. I am sure the 5.7 would be more than enough as well- triple tab auto launch does amazing things. We have also loaded up with 1,400 pounds of ballast over stock plus 8 people in the boat to surf and the 5.3 did fine- so again, I think in normal scenario the 5.7 would be fine.

Pic is xt23 with 600 pounds of lead over stock with 1 person (me) in the boat and 1/4 tank of fuel. Guy is 6’1.

The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

Working...
                              X