Southtown Watersports No Longer Selling MC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stuartjr
    TT Enthusiast
    • Jul 2016

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
    That doesn't add up. If you don't want to do MC warranty work, don't sign up to sell MC boats. Put them in line in the order they come in. If MC pulled the line and gave it to another dealer, they were under-performing. They could admit that, or they can grumble that they were tired of service and bash CSB. Or I could be way off base and the truth is what they said.

I will say the Lee from Charlotte Ski Boats has always done right by me.
    I have no first hand experience with CSB so I cannot comment on how good or bad they are. But I do find it odd that MC has chosen to put a 2nd dealer in that area not once but twice now, with this one being very close to CSB. There's something going on. Why risk upsetting a dealer like CSB if everything is going swimmingly? They sell a s&%t ton of boats. Sure you could argue that the market is large enough, but Atlanta is a larger market and has only had a single dealer (except for the brief period when WSC was on the way out). This was also bigger than Charlotte because when STWS/CMC chose to walk, it effectively shut down Charlotte, Raleigh, and Augusta, GA. Regardless, I am getting tired of MC's dealer instability in the region.

Comment

• jbmccul
      MC Maniac
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by stuartjr View Post
      I have no first hand experience with CSB so I cannot comment on how good or bad they are. But I do find it odd that MC has chosen to put a 2nd dealer in that area not once but twice now, with this one being very close to CSB. There's something going on. Why risk upsetting a dealer like CSB if everything is going swimmingly? They sell a s&%t ton of boats. Sure you could argue that the market is large enough, but Atlanta is a larger market and has only had a single dealer (except for the brief period when WSC was on the way out). This was also bigger than Charlotte because when STWS/CMC chose to walk, it effectively shut down Charlotte, Raleigh, and Augusta, GA. Regardless, I am getting tired of MC's dealer instability in the region.
      According to Google Maps CSB and CWS are only 4 miles apart. Something is definitely brewing here, just not sure what.
      2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
      2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
      Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
      Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

• hyman989
        MC Fanatic
        • May 2016

Here is what I asked when I google map the two locations and the response I got. I know datboatguy came from. The other dealer when gasman moved from mc to centurion for pass the handle so something must be brewing that is on the DL

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

• MastercraftCW
          TT Regular
          • May 2016

I can confirm CWS is the new Charlotte MC dealer. They seem to be a great dealership based on the few folks that I've spoken to who work there. Interesting to see if they'll push MC like the do Centurion.
          Kerr Lake NC

Comment

• JohnE
            Super Moderator
            • Jan 2006

Well the guy who makes this decision is one of my closest friends. I can ask him.

But the reality is that if I knew what was going on (and I don't and I won't ask) I still couldn't post it here.

I understand the frustration when MC changes their dealerships.

Lee and Amanda at CSB have always treated me great. I'd recommend them to anyone. And he's been in business for a decade or so, so that isn't exactly dealer instability.
            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• stuartjr
              TT Enthusiast
              • Jul 2016

Originally posted by JohnE View Post
              Well the guy who makes this decision is one of my closest friends. I can ask him.

But the reality is that if I knew what was going on (and I don't and I won't ask) I still couldn't post it here.

I understand the frustration when MC changes their dealerships.

Lee and Amanda at CSB have always treated me great. I'd recommend them to anyone. And he's been in business for a decade or so, so that isn't exactly dealer instability.
              CSB isn't my closest dealer, never have been. I worked with CMC because they were part of the Southtown group. I'm on the GA/SC border and will end up going to Atlanta, GA. In 3 years we have lost Watersports Central (Atlanta), Captains Choice (Columbia, SC), and now Southtown (Augusta, GA). That is instability in my mind. I am looking for 3rd dealer in as many years.

Comment

• TarheelMC
                TT Enthusiast
                • Jul 2017

Has anyone thought that maybe it's not an issue with CSB? MC gave another dealership in the area a shot at selling them and CSB outlived the other well established dealership. Now another dealership wants to take a shot at it. Maybe MC really just believes that the area can support multiple dealerships.

Now don't get me wrong, I've dealt with CSB for a while now. They certainly have their faults and their service dept has definitely irritated me on more than one occasion. However, I don't believe it's enough to say that MC is trying to push them out. If MC wanted them out, I feel pretty certain they could just pull the dealership.

Comment

• stuartjr
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • Jul 2016

You could be right. Its just bold to put a 2nd dealer 4 miles away from CSB. I don't understand why MC would risk upsetting the relationship with a supposedly top 6 dealer. But maybe that's why I don't do dealer development for MC....

Comment

• dpb185
                    MC Fanatic
                    • Dec 2020

Gotcha. I am in Augusta, GA. Greenville is about the same distance as Skier's Marine in Atlanta. I have heard good things about Skier's marine just not crazy about the haul. I have definitely gotten spoiled by having a dealer 10 minutes from my house.
                    Skiers is opening a location in on Lake Oconee in Fall of 2021. That should be a lot closer to Augusta than Gainesville.
                    2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

• stuartjr
                      TT Enthusiast
                      • Jul 2016

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
                      Skiers is opening a location in on Lake Oconee in Fall of 2021. That should be a lot closer to Augusta than Gainesville.
                      Yep, the folks in Gainesville told me about that last year. It will be a much better option for me for sure. Rumor is they will be expanding into SC and NC as well.

Comment

• dpb185
                        MC Fanatic
                        • Dec 2020

Yep, the folks in Gainesville told me about that last year. It will be a much better option for me for sure. Rumor is they will be expanding into SC and NC as well.
                        They were super nice to me when I called and wanted the name of the color of my 20 year-old boat. Called MC and then called me back the same day.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                        2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

• TheLivinIsEasy
                          TT Enthusiast
                          • Feb 2018

You could be right. Its just bold to put a 2nd dealer 4 miles away from CSB. I don't understand why MC would risk upsetting the relationship with a supposedly top 6 dealer. But maybe that's why I don't do dealer development for MC....
                          Was just randomly looking at CSB's website, and it doesn't seem to carry MC anymore...

Comment

• GeneralTsao
                            TT Newbie
                            • Mar 2019

So where to get parts?

So looking to get my boat winterized and Southtown isn't calling back, CSB isn't calling back and Lake Norman isn't calling back? WTH? I guess I'm going to do it myself this year with the boat still under warranty! This is ridiculous. I'm on Wylie in SC with no trailer so I'm sort of stuck. But I never would have guessed that I would find myself dealing with this lack of support from Mastercraft and local dealerships. Unbelievable.

So for those DIYs out there - are there places to get impellers and other parts needed to fix things on my boat from aside from a dealer who won't call me back? For example I bought my boat from CMC and they never provided me with the couplings to winterize the bags? where do I get those? Some of the spring pin locks for the bimini have exploded and the balls fell out. Where can I get those pins?

Thanks in advance!

2018 NXT22 - new in 2019.

Comment

• Wakejunkie
                              MC Fanatic
                              • Apr 2019

Southtown Watersports No Longer Selling MC?

Just do the work yourself. It’s not that hard. As far as Bimini parts. Just take it off and to the dealer to replace under warranty. For bags just disconnect quick lock to tank at base of bag. Pour a gallon or two into tank and turn pumps on to push out.

Here is a how to video for winterize.

Impeller

Oil

Filter

WIX 51372XP Heavy Duty Lube Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C5SXSYA...SGP4H6ND9A5Q7T

Antifreeze

Comment

• MastercraftCW
                                TT Regular
                                • May 2016

CWS is the Charlotte dealer now.

Pathfinder Bay Boats, Berkshire Pontoons, Mastercraft Wake Boats, and Lift eFoil - available at Dyer Marine, Your North Carolina (NC) Boat Dealer.

Based on what I've seen, Southtown, CSB, and Charlotte MC Center are out on Mastercraft.
                                Kerr Lake NC

Comment

Working...
                                X