• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blmeanie
    MC Fanatic
    • Dec 2013

go direct?
    Keep your car's paint looking new with automotive paint protection products from Malco Automotive. Our selection includes a variety of waxes, sealants, and coatings designed to shield your car's paint from the elements and everyday wear and tear.

Comment

• Thrall
      MC Addict
      • Jul 2004

av8tor, just get some plain Totally Awesome from the dollar store.
      I was getting low on Malco cleaner, hadn't cleaned the white vinyl in our boat for quite a few years. $1 bottle of TA did the whole boat and it works awesome.
      I wouldn't spend the money on Malco again unless necessary.
      '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

• JohnE
        Super Moderator
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Thrall View Post
        av8tor, just get some plain Totally Awesome from the dollar store.
        I was getting low on Malco cleaner, hadn't cleaned the white vinyl in our boat for quite a few years. $1 bottle of TA did the whole boat and it works awesome.
        I wouldn't spend the money on Malco again unless necessary.
        Agree! The TA is a great cleaner. Just make sure to wipe it with a rag dipped in water afterwards. Get it clean and clean, so to speak. Then wipe it with the 303
        Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• danwell
          TT Regular
          • Oct 2018

I like using 303 products.

Comment

• Arsenal
            TT Newbie
            • Jun 2014

Hi everyone, I know it's been a few months since this thread has had any posts, but I'm grateful to all those who have contributed to it over time.

A question... I don't have a DA polisher. Before running out to buy one I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about the feasibility or wisdom of using a drill bit attached brush instead?

Here's an amazon listing of the above brushes.

Comment

• Arsenal
              TT Newbie
              • Jun 2014

Well, I ordered the brushes for my drill and used totally awesome (diluted at around 4:1) to clean up the upholstery on a new-to-me 2001 Prostar 195 that had staining that seemed like it may never come off. Aside from the areas where the stitching had already failed (back sun deck, drivers seat, etc...), the vinyl looks brand new. Incredible transformation. I followed the pattern laid out through this thread and followed it an application of 303.

Really, I can't believe how much better it looks. I'll try to put together some before and after photos. As you guys know, pictures never really do it justice.
              Last edited by Arsenal; 05-11-2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• JohnE
                Super Moderator
                • Jan 2006

Good to hear. I think the drill attachment is fine, as long as the bristles are soft enough not to damage the vinyl.
                Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• CantRepeat
                  • Jul 2008

John, this really should be a sticky.
                  -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Cshaw
                    TT Newbie
                    • May 2020

Thanks Sodar. Excellent cleaning tips!!
                    I just bought a 2007 x45 and the upholstery is in great condition but the stitching was faded. Thanks to YouTube I found a great video on using a sharpie to change or revive the color of embroidery on vinyl or leather. It turned out really nice. I’m not sure how to upload photos to this forum yet. Once I figure that out I will add.

Comment

• Married2Maristar
                      TT Enthusiast
                      • Apr 2020

I got some LA TOTALLY AWESOME, yesterday, and for those in Canada you can get it at DollarTree but not the other dollar stores. I was amazed how cheap it was. I bought two bottles and a empty spray bottle that has all dilutions marked on the side. Came to $4.20 with tax. The bottle recommends a 10:1 dilution for vinyl and carpet. At that rate it will last me a long time. I used it on both the vinyl and carpet and it worked very well on both. Which in my books is a huge bonus to use the same cleaner for both. I also picked up some Starbrite Hull Cleaner and that stuff worked like gang busters on the hull scum-literally instant clean by the time I made it from stem to stern.

I plan on increasing the dilution to see if it can get more out of the vinyl. My motor powered nylon brushes haven’t arrived yet but I’m eager to see what they add. I used manual brushes on the carpet and some of the vinyl.

It’s hard to get good photos of vinyl!
                      Last edited by Married2Maristar; 06-16-2020, 03:15 AM. Reason: Accuracy

Comment

• LDA6339
                        MC Maniac
                        • May 2016

I did this on our Upholstry about two weeks ago, fantastic results.
                        2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• CantRepeat
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Married2Maristar View Post
                          I got some LA TOTALLY AWESOME, yesterday, and for those in Canada you can get it at DollarTree but not the other dollar stores. I was amazed how cheap it was. I bought two bottles and a empty spray bottle that has all dilutions marked on the side. Came to $4.20 with tax. The bottle recommends a 10:1 dilution for vinyl and carpet. At that rate it will last me a long time. I used it on both the vinyl and carpet and it worked very well on both. Which in my books is a huge bonus to use the same cleaner for both. I also picked up some Starbrite Hull Cleaner and that stuff worked like gang busters on the hull scum-literally instant clean by the time I made it from stem to stern.

I plan on increasing the dilution to see if it can get more out of the vinyl. My motor powered nylon brushes haven’t arrived yet but I’m eager to see what they add. I used manual brushes on the carpet and some of the vinyl.

It’s hard to get good photos of vinyl!
                          My post is referring to Malco not TA which is what Sodar used in his post as well. I’m not sure why you quoted me.
                          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• 3event
                            MC Devotee
                            • Jan 2005

Which 303 ?

303 Aerospace Protectant
                            or
                            303 Marine Aerospace Protectant

Is there a diff? I have to restock my boat cleaning kit. Looks like ordering online from goldeagle.com will work.

Any inputs appreciated.....thanks

Comment

• amarch
                              TT Newbie
                              • Sep 2015

Great technique, but I have another question. I have the same boat and interior, you have excellent taste, and after 1300 plus hours, need to redo the upholstery. Do you still have it and have you had any luck in finding the same upholstery?

Comment

• Hogwild
                                MC Fanatic
                                • Feb 2012

Has anyone tried this technique on the Coolfeel interior? To me the Coolfeel seems more susceptible to wear if I were to use a DA polisher. Wondering if anyone else has tried.

Comment

Working...
                                X