Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2019, 08:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1985 Ski Nautique 2001
Boat babes with a soft brush. It will come out over time. You don't want that area to become stiff because you remove the conditioners from the vinyl because then it will crack. Once vinyl gets still you can do nothing for it. After all you have tried give it a good 303 or other protectant and return to battle another day. That or go boating and give it a good day of sun exposure.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:50 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: '08 X14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr6coug View Post
Yes, but maybe only a minute or two. I have used 91% Isopropyl Alcohol in the past on vinyl and it gets lots of grease, suntan lotion stains, dirt etc. out. I think standard rubbing alcohol is ~73% and that did not work as well.
I was using 70% will see if I can find some 90%.

After trying each cleaner I spray a liberal amount of 303 and let it sit then wipe it off.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:21 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 16 x2
Have you tried a Mr Clean magic eraser?
They donít need to be wet, just slightly damp to work best
Old 08-18-2019, 02:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elnino31 View Post
Have you tried a Mr Clean magic eraser?
They donít need to be wet, just slightly damp to work best
Yes I tried magic eraser - no luck.

I know it will work if I super scrub it but itís taking off vinyl at that point.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Thinking some sun on this area is going to be my best bet. I've got it about as good as I think I can without really going nuclear on the vinyl.

It's much better than at the start but still visible enough that I can't 'not' see it The age of my daughter when this happened will always be clear as that's why she had a 9 on her arm....
Old 08-18-2019, 09:43 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Give it time

Literally had the exact same thing happen with my daughter and a triathlon. I used babes seat soap and got it to about the same place you are and gave up. By the end of summer you could not even see it anymore from the sun. I know its hard to look at now, but just have patients and it will go away.

Steve

2004 Prostar 197 - Red on White

350 TBI, Perfect Pass, Heater, Shower and a whole lot of fun!
Old 08-18-2019, 11:36 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTRSK1R View Post
Literally had the exact same thing happen with my daughter and a triathlon. I used babes seat soap and got it to about the same place you are and gave up. By the end of summer you could not even see it anymore from the sun. I know its hard to look at now, but just have patients and it will go away.

Steve
This gives me hope, thanks!

At this point all I can do it wait it out. While I wish this on no one knowing itís happened to others also makes me feel a tiny bit better. Part of my anger is knowing I should have cleaned these markings off before letting her get in the boat.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:50 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Maristar 210 '01
I agree with giving it time and sun exposure. Last year the kiddos wrote their names on water bottles, the sharpie ink bleed off the bottles onto their hands and my seats in 2places. I tried most of the aforementioned tricks but a smudge of blue ink still remained. Looking at those blue stains on my white/cream seats drove me nuts!
A couple weeks into the summer the stains were defenitely lighter, Somewhere around 4 weeks into summer the stains were gone.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:05 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoody51 View Post
Any tips for getting sharpie out?!?!

My daughter did a triathlon this morning and needless to say her body marking are now all over the seat...

To say Iím displeased would be a huge understatement

I tried very lightly hitting it with magic eraser- nothing. I have malco at home and will bust that out when I get home. At this point I just need something to take the edge off as Iím about to blow my top.

To add insult to injury my wife drove all over the grass with the trailer. Not a good start to an outing!!!!
Totally Awesome cleaner will get it out, pretty sure.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:40 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
rubbing alcohol but might take several applications followed by non-oily hairspray ...

WTHeck was a sharpie doing in the boat in the first place?