X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sterling34
    TT Newbie
    • Apr 2019

Thank you guys very much really appreciate it. Going with an 87 pro star because we’ll im 22 and don’t want to blow a ton of money on a newer boat lol. I don’t have the boat in my hands yet, might be a stupid question but I’m curious is there a cigarette lighter to plug a pump in for bags? From the pictures I have I don’t see one

Comment

• SS LS1
      MC Devotee
      • Jul 2006

Sounds great, anything MC to get you, your family or friends on the lake is never a bad idea. ProStar hulls are very flat in the rear and can make a decent surf wave as the hull rear corners are very "sharp" (almost 90 degrees). Just have to weight properly and drive with an awareness of having short gunnel height relative to other's surf wakes coming at you when floating.

Do not know about 12v outlets on that yr boat. My '98 had one in the dash and a 2nd under the rear seat. Always cheap to get from amazon and add one yourself if needed.
      XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
      SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
      SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
      SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

• Shaun R
        MC Devotee
        • Jun 2014

Finding a good driver is key. Most old prostars do not have speed control and sit very low to the water. Finding someone that can hold speed (use gps on your phone works great) and knows how to handle the wakes of other boats is necessary. It’s easy to dunk the noise on a ski boat with no weight, add 1000lbs of ballast and you need to watch the nose and keep water from coming over the back and into the fuel breather when you slow down.

Older DD boats are a great gateway drug into the world of inboards, but it and have fun.

Comment

• Tsumi
          MC Devotee
          • Feb 2012

Not to say that Mastercraft is a bad brand, but there are other boats that will be better for surfing from other brands that will cost only a bit more than a 87 190. Unless you're looking to slalom also.

Comment

Working...
          X