Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 06-05-2019, 12:01 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft 197TT
5.7 MCX 350HP closed cooling winterization checklist

Can anyone owning a 5.7MCX equipped Prostar 197TT let me know what their winterization checklist is?

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2019, 03:35 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryathlete View Post
Can anyone owning a 5.7MCX equipped Prostar 197TT let me know what their winterization checklist is?

Thanks!
Anybody have a checklist for a 5.7 MCX?
Old 06-23-2019, 10:53 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
It's the same as any other boat only don't drain the block.

You want to drain raw water then flush pink antifreeze through
Old 06-23-2019, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Boat: XT22
You definitely want to drain the block. I had that motor for years, and it's pretty simple. Uncouple the hoses coming from the manifolds and let them drain. Pull the knock sensors on each side of the block and let it drain. (depending on year of the MCX, it may have a plug on one side and knock sensor only on the port side). Disconnect the heater hoses (if there is a heater) and let it drain. Run pink antifreeze through heater core. Put hoses and plugs back together, and fill the motor with pink antifreeze through the top of the J hose by disconnecting the hose at the thermostat housing.

You can also choose to fog the engine before draining the water by spraying fogging oil through the air intake, or fog by spraying into the cylinder. I stopped fogging mine in later years.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:46 AM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
You definitely want to drain the block. I had that motor for years, and it's pretty simple. Uncouple the hoses coming from the manifolds and let them drain. Pull the knock sensors on each side of the block and let it drain. (depending on year of the MCX, it may have a plug on one side and knock sensor only on the port side). Disconnect the heater hoses (if there is a heater) and let it drain. Run pink antifreeze through heater core. Put hoses and plugs back together, and fill the motor with pink antifreeze through the top of the J hose by disconnecting the hose at the thermostat housing.

You can also choose to fog the engine before draining the water by spraying fogging oil through the air intake, or fog by spraying into the cylinder. I stopped fogging mine in later years.
Thank you Gentlemen. Iíll follow your lead when itís time to call it quits later this year!
Old 06-24-2019, 07:39 AM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
Ah FU*K you just had to say it didn't you!!

WINTERIZATION!!!
Old 06-24-2019, 11:20 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
You definitely want to drain the block. I had that motor for years, and it's pretty simple.
Does he or does he not have a closed cooling system which would have antifreeze in the block/heads/recirc pump/ thermostat and lake water in the manifolds/transcooler/heat exchanger.