Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 05-21-2019, 08:13 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticknrudder View Post
Wow, excellent. I may see if I can clean those old slides up, but if not I'm going to buy those. Currently I have most of the supplies/parts on order so once everything gets here and I get some time I plan to start putting this interior together. I will try to post some pics of the progress. Thanks again for all your help. I'm sure I'll have more questions.
Go back and read my post....Sil-Glyde (NAPA) will make it new again.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:48 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 190 LT1
Excellent. I’ll pick some up.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:17 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 LT-1
Hey Waterlogged, can you post some details of that sweet cupholder that slips over the ski pylon? Looks simple enough, but what is the metal box-like portion in the middle? How do you keep it from twisting around?
Old 05-31-2019, 05:27 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 93 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta_ski View Post
Hey Waterlogged, can you post some details of that sweet cupholder that slips over the ski pylon? Looks simple enough, but what is the metal box-like portion in the middle? How do you keep it from twisting around?
I made the cup holder from a stick of teak wood (to match the swim platform) that I got from Teak World dot com. I used a tower clamp ($38) to mount the holder to the pylon and it is solid as a rock. It doesn't move a bit. Then two stainless inserts that will hold a large drink, koozy, etc. Credit to a member here whom posted the idea several years ago and I got the dimensions from him and made two holders from one stick of wood ($40 plus shipping). There is no room for error in cutting the wood for two holders.

The metal box looking gadget is an adjustable barefoot boom bracket used for mounting and adjusting the boom for different height skiers (quick pin inserts are the best). I have that secured with a bungee strap to keep it from rattling during operation.

One thing to consider is the room that is available for mounting the holder relative to the close proximity of the engine cover. It fits the 190 Prostar series easily. My friend has a 205 Prostar and it will not fit his due to the engine cover being bumped right up against the pylon.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:44 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 190 LT1
Update: I got the interior cushions back few weeks ago and they look amazing. Iíve been busy with work so just slowly cleaning the floor. It took a long time, but wetting rags with mineral spirits and allowing it to soak then scraping and rubbing the old adhesive off was effective.

I got it pretty clean and shiny.

Next I filled the screw holes in the floor with marinetex.

Today I traced out the new carpet and cut the prices out with scissors.

Tomorrow I plan to get the carpet glued down.

Tags
carpet replacement, cracks in floor