Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 01-22-2019, 01:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 NXT 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
Yep, but if the dealer told you it would be stored inside I would expect it to be inside. If it's gonna sit outside for 2 months waiting for service only then to be "stored" inside for the winter that doesn't make much sense to me
Thats the problem I am having right now, only a select few touch my vehicles and when I had my C7 Corvettes only 2 people ever drove them. I want to Exslpode on them but it might not be a big deal and only principle
Old 01-22-2019, 02:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Searching for an X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADP43619 View Post
This dealer has about 200 or so slots inside and sells them in advance I booked mine when I bought the boat back in june
Your boat should have never been outside then unless they needed to do service on it. Especially since it sounds like you have a reserved space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Prostar
Yeah Id be mad. Boat is my Baby. You signed up for and paid for a premium service that met your requirements (which could be different from someone elses requirements and expectations). They failed to deliver.

Had they at least told you it would be outside you may have done something different (shrink wrap or tarp over your cover) but they failed that.

Boats get wet. If it is nasty or smells, they need to detail it. Check cover to make sure it is still tight. We have had a lot of rain and a weird start to fall / winter for sure.

Maybe also discount on next year storage?
Old 01-22-2019, 04:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205 (Sold), 2006 x15 w/ mcx
I'm sure your boat is fine, but if I paid for indoor storage and my boat was left outside for 2 months then I wouldn't be happy at all. That's just laziness on the dealers part.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:17 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2008 X2, MCX
Based on your profile and post, I assume your boat is sitting outside with no poles and no shrinkwrap in Michigan. Depending on your cover, the snow load is likely to sag the cover and get a bunch of water into the boat come spring.

I would see if the dealer would at least oblige you by pulling the boat into one of their service bays for a night allowing you to install poles.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:55 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 XT23, previous was 2004 XSTAR, first was a prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
Yep, my boat is sitting outside right now at the dealership. Covered up. Not many dealer can store every service boat inside.
Ya i guess i lucked out took mine in over thanksgiving picking it up saturday they said it has been inside whole time. They said doing a full detail before i pick it up so we will see.

2019 LONE STAR MASTERBASH!!!!
Old 01-22-2019, 10:41 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2016 X30, 85 S&S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbeck View Post
I'm sure your boat is fine, but if I paid for indoor storage and my boat was left outside for 2 months then I wouldn't be happy at all. That's just laziness on the dealers part.
Yeah if I paid for indoor storage Id be pissed if I found my boat outside.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2019!!!!!!

https://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk...d.php?t=100065

2016 X30-Wetsounds galore
2017 Misty Harbor Tri-Toon
1985 S&S- Gone but never forgotten