Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Storage / Winterization

Old 07-13-2021, 01:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 Vride (2000 X5 - SOLD)
Cover vent / support on seam?

One piece cover. Bow pole continues to fall in windy conditions. I am adding a pole vent in the bow area. 2 Questions:

1) - Can / should I put on the sewn seam or stay away?
2) - Opinions on how close to the windshield? Water pools just in front of the windshield just behind the backs of the front seat.

I have messed with raising the bow pole, but then brings the cover above the rub rail and is almost higher than the windshield...
Old 08-11-2021, 09:07 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1988 MC Prostar 190, 351 Ford
Send a message via AIM to 88 PS190
You're talking about one of those pole vents that pop a hole through the tarp? If so I wouldn't go through the seam unless you have someone sew across the seam first. Wouldn't want to split down the seam.

My best success with poles that fall over is to put a base onto it. Toilet plungers work pretty good for this, just unscrew the handle and stick it onto the base of the pole and then the tarp can be lifted up and down with out coming off.

If your tarp doesn't have one - get an area reinforced and a snap riveted into the reinforcement, then the poles are sold with a snap tip - that on top and a rubber plunger on bottom will stay up always.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:01 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 XStar 50th
Is it an under tower cover? If so you could ditch the pole(s) altogether and go with something like this:

https://hangtyte.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2021, 01:35 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 XStar 50th
Seems to work so far on my cover although I havenít cinched it up all the way yet. Also Iím not convinced if a 2nd hangtyte would work with the ZFT4 for the bow section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk