Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-19-2021, 02:05 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 X22
I feel like the care of silver flake is not much different then other colors. Keep it waxed and avoid unnecessary sun exposure for extended periods of time. What concerns me in the case of the OP is not wanting to use a waterline cover. Depending on how the sun hits the boat, the factory cover may actually make it worse. In my case, the boat sat on the lot with the factory over on for an extended period of time. The flake that was protected by the cover didn't yellow, the exposed flake did. This created a visible line down the side of the boat. Had all the silver flake yellowed evenly, it would not have been noticeable to me. If you are going to try this, make sure you remove all stickers, transom protection, etc so that nothing is covered up. On the new boats, the transom protection does not go under the grab handles, so it will yellow while the rest will not. I would also recommend waxing the crap out of it on a regular basis. Good luck.
Old 07-19-2021, 02:12 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2015 X23 SS 6.2L
I have 2015 X23 that is kept on a covered lift and has a full waterline cover. I do have a slight yellow in my gel for the silverflake and I'm MCOCD to the max about the boat.

This spot is located on the top of the deck and get directs exposure when using the boat. I have ZERO oxidation on this boat and all the other gel on the boat looks flawless.

Just my .02, if the boat is left on a lift and not protected on the sides, do yourself a favor and buy a waterline cover. We had a custom full waterline cover made as my boats gets direct west and east sun on both sides of the hull. This has really maintained the outside of the boat and kept the shine.
Old 07-20-2021, 12:22 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2019 mastercraft boat
my boat is in a slip for the season but not on a lift. Are there waterline covers for this scenario? Any ideas?
Old 07-20-2021, 07:42 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob93789 View Post
my boat is in a slip for the season but not on a lift. Are there waterline covers for this scenario? Any ideas?

Maybe a cover w side curtains that are just above waterline? Would need to measure from rubrail to waterline in a few spots to be able to communicate to the cover shop what you need.