Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2021, 02:11 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2017 XT23
Actuator on XT23 Dead! AGAIN!!!!!

This is the second one that has died. Someone here said that user fourforty has a potential solution but Iíve checked his profile and tried the Search for finding the post but canít.

A few things.

Dealer replaced first one. I understand that Lenco actuators get water in them and that that may be the issue. I see the Alert in diagnostics on the screen and tried resetting but itís stuck in down position. The Lenco trouble shooting guide says to pull apart the clip and test it by linking the wire directly to the battery as it will bypass the switch. Of you reverse the wires it will go up and reverse again it will go down. But, I cannot see where that connector wire is located. Itís a little grey connector.

Anyone have any insight into this or am I wasting my time. These actuators SUCK.
Old 07-02-2021, 02:53 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Currently BoatlessÖ
Hereís the thread with the new billet actuators that are the warranty replacement for the weaker Lenco units.

The billet actuators look bombproof as long as the seals are good.

https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=107860
Old 07-02-2021, 04:16 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Mastercraft XT21
Feel your pain. Both my surf tab Lencos died. Dealer found water in both of them. Waiting for new actuators to be flown in by Mastercraft.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2021, 11:38 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevext23 View Post
This is the second one that has died. Someone here said that user fourforty has a potential solution but Iíve checked his profile and tried the Search for finding the post but canít.

A few things.

Dealer replaced first one. I understand that Lenco actuators get water in them and that that may be the issue. I see the Alert in diagnostics on the screen and tried resetting but itís stuck in down position. The Lenco trouble shooting guide says to pull apart the clip and test it by linking the wire directly to the battery as it will bypass the switch. Of you reverse the wires it will go up and reverse again it will go down. But, I cannot see where that connector wire is located. Itís a little grey connector.

Anyone have any insight into this or am I wasting my time. These actuators SUCK.
The connector should be close to the actuator- that would make it easier to produce harnesses that don't have a lot of excess wire, but you should be able to do this at the switch end, too.

Someone should ask for the current draw spec for the actuators- if the switch contacts are burning, they should use relays AT the end closest to the battery. It's not rocket surgery.
Old 07-03-2021, 11:39 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFW View Post
Feel your pain. Both my surf tab Lencos died. Dealer found water in both of them. Waiting for new actuators to be flown in by Mastercraft.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
That's ridiculous- my friend has an '89 Carver and the original tab system is intact, with no problems (aside from not working because someone unplugged the pump).
Old 07-09-2021, 02:26 PM
TT Enthusiast

MC is pathetic. Our dealer has been waiting for an ETA on the OLD actuators forever (they tell me) and MC also has NONE of the NEW actuators (they say) to ship. Furthermore, MC will NOT replace BOTH actuators, so I am going to have this new metal one on the right side, and the older (and also replaced) Lenco POS on the left side.

What a joke. I'm pretty much done with them. All around pathetic. Loads of failures on the original design, and now they have NEITHER in stock for a 17' XT23. JOKE
Old 07-09-2021, 03:57 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2007 X14
Everything is backordered everywhere. It is not just boat companies but everything. I am waiting on my neighbor's tractor to get fixed after he cut the bank down so I could roll me new boat lift into the water. Lift is in but bank needs to be put back. He needs a wheel rim for a JD tractor and there are none in the US to be had for his size tractor. I needed some accessories for my boat lift and the dealer said they literally can not get anything until fall. Oh and they have zero pontoons for sale in their showroom. Everyone they had was sold.
Old 07-09-2021, 04:33 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2003 Mastercraft X2 MCX
Makes you wish for the return of analog, doesn't it?!

2003 X2 MCX
Old 07-09-2021, 06:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Well I read this somewhere and I count myself as someone who agrees with this.

ďpeople everywhere are fed up with Covid as an excuse for bad serviceĒ.

There is no excuse for not having a replacement for lots of things in this world. This item and yours included.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:41 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
It took 5 months for ford to get my radiator mount for my 2020 explorer when I hit a deer. We had a hydraulic tube supplier about to shut our factory down because they couldn't get people to work on their assembly line, so we sent our own workers up there to build our tubes.

So if lenco or whoever is the new design supplier isn't shipping parts to MC, it's MC's fault? I think every boat manufacturer uses Lenco. MC is the first one I know to go to a different supplier, probably due to failures.

On top of shipping backlog, the government has also been paying people a lot of money to not work. Hopefully now that the extra payments are ending, those people come back to work. When you add in the older people in the workforce that decided to retire during the covid situation, there just aren't enough workers right now. It sucks, but unfortunately covid effects are real still.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk