Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 09-19-2019, 08:10 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2000, Maristar 230VRS, 330HP LTR
KMP,
I did a lot of research on shapers and watched a bunch of youtube videos and reviews.
I narrowed it down to the Swell, Delta and Edge, then decided on the Edge due to the locking system on the suction cups. When I started shopping for the edge I found a fantastic year end clearance deal on the Mega at Sun and Ski and decided, as usual, bigger is better......
I am glad I did, I would have been disappointed with the smaller design. The size of the mega makes it easy to get more surface area in the water at speed. I don't see any downside to the larger design.....
Old 09-19-2019, 08:56 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 07 xstar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryBpilot View Post
KMP,
I did a lot of research on shapers and watched a bunch of youtube videos and reviews.
I narrowed it down to the Swell, Delta and Edge, then decided on the Edge due to the locking system on the suction cups. When I started shopping for the edge I found a fantastic year end clearance deal on the Mega at Sun and Ski and decided, as usual, bigger is better......
I am glad I did, I would have been disappointed with the smaller design. The size of the mega makes it easy to get more surface area in the water at speed. I don't see any downside to the larger design.....
the bigger the delta the more difficult it is to stay sucked to the hull, the 6x9 size has problems stay'n put, can't imagine the difficulties 12x12 will have
Old 09-19-2019, 04:56 PM
TT Regular

We have surfed with it now for 10+ engine hours not a single disengagement during use from 8.5 to 11.5 mph. In fact it can be challenging to remove, we have found once it is unlocked we have to slide the suction cups down to break suction.
So far we are VERY happy
Old 09-20-2019, 12:54 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Maristar 225 VRS
Quote:
KMP,
With where you have it placed in the pics on the first page, are you getting spray? I was reading up on the Swell Slim which is built to be placed at the very bottom of the stepped hull, but it looks to be much smaller than your mega and I'm curious how much of a difference it would be.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:58 AM
TT Regular

This set of pics is from 9-19-19 with 600 LBS in the rear lockers, 3 occupants total, Mega deployed in lowest and rearward position possible on hull and 9.7MPH set in Perfect Pass
Attached Images

Old 09-20-2019, 10:07 AM
TT Regular

KMP
A couple of times we didn't get the mega down low enough and we did get some spray but it was only on the sun deck and that was only if we didn't have any passengers on the off side or listed heavy to rider side.
I am very happy I chose the mega for my hull type(MariStar 230 VRS).
It displaces/diverts much more water and really improves our riding wave/wake.
I really think I would have been disappointed with a smaller design.

If I work any harder showing the love for the MEGA I will deserve commissions or rebates LOL!!!
Old 09-23-2019, 11:48 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 XT21
Smile

Quote:
This set of pics is from 9-19-19 with 600 LBS in the rear lockers, 3 occupants total, Mega deployed in lowest and rearward position possible on hull and 9.7MPH set in Perfect Pass
Sorry but I have to ask; Why are you all surfing with your back to the wave? Toe-side, toe-side, toe-side.