X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HDAVIS
    TT Enthusiast
    • Nov 2007

When you have been burned many times by so called “real” American made vehicles, you don’t go back. Been tempted to look at Chevy, but can’t do it! Never Fords.

Comment

• MC25
      MC Master Poster
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post
      Don't buy a truck for mileage, buy it for purpose. If it gets good mileage, then that is a bonus. Short changing yourself on capacity/power/whatever will leave you dissatisfied.
      But what if the power and capacity sucks too? Lol
      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• roadster02
        MC Devotee
        • Oct 2013

Buy American products from American companies whenever possible. Support America. Let the ersatz wannabees take care of themselves.

Comment

• HDAVIS
          TT Enthusiast
          • Nov 2007

Between oil leaks, transmission issues, bad motor mounts....done. Not paying $40K plus for that. Also, they cant/won’t fix. Sometimes under warranty.

Comment

• roadster02
            MC Devotee
            • Oct 2013

Fords all my life. Never have had ANY of the problems talked about in this forum. Currently have three pickups now, all have been fine. Strange??

Comment

• HDAVIS
              TT Enthusiast
              • Nov 2007

Glad to hear that quality has improved. Last winter son bought a Dodge p/u with 150K miles. Front seal oil leak. Not to say Tundra is leak free, but usually trouble free. Again, glad quality has inmproved.

Comment

• MC25
                MC Master Poster
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by HDAVIS View Post
                Glad to hear that quality has improved. Last winter son bought a Dodge p/u with 150K miles. Front seal oil leak. Not to say Tundra is leak free, but usually trouble free. Again, glad quality has inmproved.
                There’s your problem... dodge. Lol. My Toyota was a problem riddled, non shifting POS. Your results may vary. Like I’ve said literally 10000 times, Toyota is riding the coat tails of perceived reliability to overcome the shortcomings of offering an inferior product.
                Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                For Sale:
                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• HDAVIS
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • Nov 2007

Once I leased a F150 that used engine coolant. Go figure.... done....

Comment

• lashburn1
                    MC Addict
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by roadster02 View Post
                    Buy American products from American companies whenever possible. Support America. Let the ersatz wannabees take care of themselves.
                    Well, I support America and American jobs.
                    Buying Toyota's and Chevrolet's are one and the same.
                    Major auto makers are in a Global economy for over 30+ years.
                    I do try to follow the money and who got to work because my purchase.
                    No need to buy only GM Ford Chrysler products anymore.
                    sigpic
                    2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
                    2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
                    2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
                    2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
                    2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
                    2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
                    2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
                    2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
                    2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

• roadster02
                      MC Devotee
                      • Oct 2013

Toyota and Chevy the same??? LOL Give me a break! You say whatever you want to justify that idea. I'm not buying it. Chevy was making trucks when Toyota was trying to figure out the rickshaw.

Comment

• osmonet
                        TT Regular
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by roadster02 View Post
                        Toyota and Chevy the same??? LOL Give me a break! You say whatever you want to justify that idea. I'm not buying it. Chevy was making trucks when Toyota was trying to figure out the rickshaw.
                        If only the year of incorporation meant anything. What does it prove? Just like saying Ford didn't take any government money during the latest crash, who cares?

IMO brand loyalty is nothing more than a marketing tactic. Do your research, select whats most important, and maximize your buying power

Comment

• paintpollz
                          MC Devotee
                          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by osmonet View Post
                          If only the year of incorporation meant anything. What does it prove? Just like saying Ford didn't take any government money during the latest crash, who cares?

IMO brand loyalty is nothing more than a marketing tactic. Do your research, select whats most important, and maximize your buying power
                          Roadster02 cares zero about only jobs in the US. He cares about both jobs and money being here.

I'd rather have at least jobs, especially middle class ones, so I like that we have foreign companies building cars here.
                          Kevin

Comment

• hunter991
                            MC Fanatic
                            • Jul 2016

LOL, Toyota puts food on the table for 100,000's of Americans. They build trucks here in plants that employ Americans, dealers, service techs etc.... Just like ford and chevy. Its really not an arguement anymore.

Comment

• roadster02
                              MC Devotee
                              • Oct 2013

Support other countries, forget the USA as long as I get a better deal. Maximize your buying power. Yeah that's the ticket. Chevy built it's first pickup in 1918, Toyota in 1947. Which company would know more about trucks??? Nothing to do with incorporation. To the OP, buy USA, much better truck all around. And with that, I'm out.

Originally posted by osmonet View Post

Comment

• AKralk83
                                TT Enthusiast
                                • Feb 2016

Sure seems that Honda dominates the most American made

What cars are the most American-made? In today's globalized economy, 
 the answer isn't easy. Cars.com's American-Made Index looks at a host of 
 key factors to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X