Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Trailers

Old 10-06-2021, 03:00 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2016 200 Sport Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
The magnuson-moss act I believe is what you need to site.

Dealer and MC must prove what you did caused more damage.

Depending on what you spent, your time may be more valuable than demanding review by MC.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Nice try but the owner modified the trailer and now wants the company to put it back to stock and at their cost. Once he used parts/materials that didn't meet spec there's no way this one passes the sniff test.

Again, not saying he didn't have an issue that should have and would have been covered by a warranty claim, that to me is not the issue. The issue is he used non OEM components including grease that didn't even meet spec and now wants the manufacture to put it back to stock for him. Not Ga Da happen unless they do it for customer satisfaction.

As to the Vault system in general. I'm 4 seasons on mine and I have 2 friends with the same system one with 5 seasons the other with 7. No issues and no one has touched them. Do things go wrong with anything built by man? Ask any of the 1500 that died on the Titanic and I think you'd get a resounding yes. Do I think you had a valid claim before you fixed it? Absolutely. Do I think they owe it to you to back out your work and bring it back to stock? Sorry, I don't.

So the next question I have is do you plan to put the system back to stock? I'm sure you have a very different opinion of the system based on your skills but I personally would be hard pressed not to "fix it right" and by that I mean back to original specs. But that's just me.
Old 10-06-2021, 03:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
You might be better off leaving the parts you installed on. I've seen a lot of vault failures recently on low mileage/age trailers. If you want to put it back to factory, here's the catalog and procedure:
https://www.dexteraxle.com/user_area...708-00ufp).pdf
http://www.loadrite.com/wp-content/u...-02-15.psd.pdf

I'd check out waymires.com to order parts from. They will probably be cheaper than buying them from your dealer (assuming MC doesn't change their stance on paying for the parts).
Old 10-07-2021, 05:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2016 NXT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic3D View Post
Sometimes it's just easier and less time to do it yourself as at that time was taking the boat 4 hours to Ft Worth to get it worked on.
True.... And TXMC has actually worked with me on replacing a crank position sensor once so it didn't ruin our weekend.
Old 10-07-2021, 09:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2019 XStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
True.... And TXMC has actually worked with me on replacing a crank position sensor once so it didn't ruin our weekend.
TXMC Best Dealer Experience ever, cars, boats, bikes, never had any dealer take care of me like they do.
Old 10-09-2021, 07:37 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 Mastercraft NXT22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
Nice try but the owner modified the trailer and now wants the company to put it back to stock and at their cost. Once he used parts/materials that didn't meet spec there's no way this one passes the sniff test.

Again, not saying he didn't have an issue that should have and would have been covered by a warranty claim, that to me is not the issue. The issue is he used non OEM components including grease that didn't even meet spec and now wants the manufacture to put it back to stock for him. Not Ga Da happen unless they do it for customer satisfaction.

As to the Vault system in general. I'm 4 seasons on mine and I have 2 friends with the same system one with 5 seasons the other with 7. No issues and no one has touched them. Do things go wrong with anything built by man? Ask any of the 1500 that died on the Titanic and I think you'd get a resounding yes. Do I think you had a valid claim before you fixed it? Absolutely. Do I think they owe it to you to back out your work and bring it back to stock? Sorry, I don't.

So the next question I have is do you plan to put the system back to stock? I'm sure you have a very different opinion of the system based on your skills but I personally would be hard pressed not to "fix it right" and by that I mean back to original specs. But that's just me.
I am pending to see the outcome. My dealer is trying a different angle. The owner has already offered to get me anything I need to put it back to stock at his cost. However... I would make the argument it is fixed right. The only reason I want it back to stock is so the warranty can resume incase there is something else going on here. To have to hub seals fail with as few miles as I have I just can't wrap my head around that. Standard marine grease and standard seals have been the tried and true solution on trailers for many years for a reason.
2004 Honda Aquatrax R12x-sold
1980 EBKO Cobra-sold
1995 Macgregor 26s
1998 Macgregor 26x-sold
2001 SeaDoo GTI-sold
1995 SeaDoo GTX-sold
1995 SeaDoo XP-sold
1981 Macgregor 25-sold

Last edited by NXT22guy; 10-16-2021 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Its mechanical.. stuff fails when it shouldn't

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk