• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbehr99
    TT Regular
    • Mar 2015

Inland Surfer Tako

Hi all!

I just purchased a 2015 Inland Surfer Tako (and placed a deposit on a 2009 xstar with factory and pro tour ballasts)

Anyhow, I was wondering your thoughts on this board. I have never surfed in my life but am young and athletic. I want a board that I can not only learn the ropes from, but also grow on slightly. I don't plan on doing crazy tricks, just a solid board for good rides.

Anyhow, was this a good purchase, basically my thoughts were this is one of the best beginner-intermdeiate boards to learn and progress on.

Thanks!

Last edited by jbehr99; 04-06-2015, 10:41 PM.
  • blackhawk
    MC Devotee
    • Jul 2013

I picked up a Tako last year. I had never surfed or seen anyone surf in person before. I was going ropeless around the third day of using the Tako. My son has hit a 360 on a couple of occassions. It is a great board to learn on. I am 190 lbs and my son is 130 lbs, so you have a good range of people that can use it.
    We defy the mafia!

Comment

• Cain0725
      MC Fanatic
      • Feb 2014

know nothing about the board, love the boat, but i am sure it will do fine for you for a while !

Comment

• jbehr99
        TT Regular
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by blackhawk View Post
        I picked up a Tako last year. I had never surfed or seen anyone surf in person before. I was going ropeless around the third day of using the Tako. My son has hit a 360 on a couple of occassions. It is a great board to learn on. I am 190 lbs and my son is 130 lbs, so you have a good range of people that can use it.
        Awesome, thanks for the reply, thats good to know. Would you say with the ability level your at now, you've grown out of the Tako, or is it still sufficient for you and your son?

Comment

• bet_on_black
          MC Fanatic
          • Jan 2015

It's a good board that will work for a lot of different riders and styles. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Comment

• jbehr99
            TT Regular
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Cain0725 View Post
            know nothing about the board, love the boat, but i am sure it will do fine for you for a while !
            Thanks!!

Comment

• jbehr99
              TT Regular
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by bet_on_black View Post
              It's a good board that will work for a lot of different riders and styles. Don't think you'll be disappointed.
              Good to hear, thanks!

Comment

• GD214
                TT Regular
                • Oct 2014

I've got one. It's a great board. You'll grow out of it but it's a good one to keep in the quiver because you will need something for others to learn on. You'll have a handful of different boards before you are done and you did well on your first purchase.

Comment

• blackhawk
                  MC Devotee
                  • Jul 2013

I don't think that I have outgrown the Tako, but my son has a little. I actually got a Soulcraft over the Winter, but the water is still too cold here to try it out yet. Once, I take some runs on the Soulcraft, I can give a better comparison. Even if I never use the Tako again, I don't regret buying it at all. It is a great all around board at a good value. Just like GD214 says, it will stay in my quiver for others to learn on. It is a very stable board.
                  We defy the mafia!

Comment

Working...
                  X