Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 09-21-2019, 07:00 AM
dodwellleung

2008 X45 piggyback ballast upgrade questions

I have just installed the wakemaker piggyback ballast upgrade for the rear lockers. Firstly, I would like to invite comments on the correctness of the connection of hoses (as shown in photos with coloured green and coloured red numbering attached). The Green Number 1 is connected to the original hard tank's overflow port, Green Number 2 is connected to the bottom of the ballast bag for filling in water, the Red Number 3 is connected to the top of the ballast bag as a new overflow outlet and the Red Number 4 is connected to the original overflow thru-hull hole on the side of the boat. The hoses look very messy since the original hard tank's overflow port is very close to the original overflow thru-hull hole on the side of the boat (only about 1.5 feet away from each other), therefore, those hoses must be bent like this. The result of filling in water via the original pumping system seems not to be successful that only 1/5 of the ballast bag is filled. Before I bought the Piggyback Ballast Upgrade, I was advised by Wakemaker support staff that the Mastercraft 2008 x45 (made on 8th August 2008) would not need a new timer for ballast bag filling and he said it should fill up the ballast bags to full and I would need to switch off the filling by myself when I see the water overflowing via Thru-Hull hole on the side of the boat.

So, if timer is not the reason, why cannot the ballast be filled up to full? is it because of pressure inside the bags?

Thank you very much for your helps!
Old 09-21-2019, 07:03 AM
dodwellleung

2008 X45 Wakemaker Piggyback Ballast Upgrade questions

please find attached the photos.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2019, 07:16 AM
dodwellleung

I have captured a photo from the tutorial video of Wakemaker for installation.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:19 AM
dodwellleung

the photo of hoses before connection.
Attached Images

Old 09-21-2019, 09:50 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft X-45 2008 MCX
You need to reprogram the timers for sure. T6Coug can send you the programmer.

Also, Huawei camera=spy?
Old 09-21-2019, 11:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2006 X15 350 MCX
I don't know why that you need your #4 hose. I have the piggyback system and there are no tees anywhere. Old overflow from hard tank goes to bag, then overflow from top of bag goes out the side of the boat. My only guess is that the vent from the hard tank keeps the hard tank from imploding if the bag fully collapses and doesn't allow air into the tank when emptying. I solved this by attaching a bungee cord to the top of my bag around the fitting, so that it can never fully collapse ensuring air flow when emptying.

Are you seeing water flowing out the side of your boat before the bag gets full?
Old 10-02-2019, 12:20 AM
dodwellleung

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN X-45 View Post

Also, Huawei camera=spy?
Thanks TN X-45, I will study about the reprogramming of the timer.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:27 AM
dodwellleung

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
I don't know why that you need your #4 hose. I have the piggyback system and there are no tees anywhere. Old overflow from hard tank goes to bag, then overflow from top of bag goes out the side of the boat. My only guess is that the vent from the hard tank keeps the hard tank from imploding if the bag fully collapses and doesn't allow air into the tank when emptying. I solved this by attaching a bungee cord to the top of my bag around the fitting, so that it can never fully collapse ensuring air flow when emptying.

Are you seeing water flowing out the side of your boat before the bag gets full?
The hose #4 is originally provided by Wakemaker Piggy Back Upgrade package. I also don't understand what the Tee connecting #1 and #4 for! Thanks for the tips of preventing air trap. I will try to find a way to avoid it.

no more water overflow through the side of the boat since the bags could never be fully filled.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:56 AM
dodwellleung

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN X-45 View Post

Also, Huawei camera=spy?
Hi TN X-45,
what is T6Coug?
Old 10-03-2019, 03:59 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2006 x-80
those hoses look messy, my X-55 has piggy back bags in the rear lockers and there are only two hoses going to each bag. not sure why your system has so much extra hose

Tags
ballast bags, piggyback ballast upgrade, wakemakers, x45