Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-23-2019, 07:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: None
Send a message via AIM to Covi Send a message via Skype™ to Covi
I' m stuck, hahaha. I've lost 39 Lbs since June. I'm trying to get rid of a few more and get down to 190 - 195. I seem to be hovering at 198-200. What gives????? Why cant I get rid of the rest? any suggestions? I'm also nervous about putting them back on. It was a tough journey for sure.
Old 01-23-2019, 08:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covi View Post
I' m stuck, hahaha. I've lost 39 Lbs since June. I'm trying to get rid of a few more and get down to 190 - 195. I seem to be hovering at 198-200. What gives????? Why cant I get rid of the rest? any suggestions? I'm also nervous about putting them back on. It was a tough journey for sure.
Nice work!

Right now it doesn't seem to matter what I do, I wake up 167... Right now I am working out and eating right, but not going down

Target for me was 165 so I'm not too far off but I did publish a sample menu earlier in this thread that might be able to help you stay with the lower carbs

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 01-23-2019, 08:49 PM
MC Maniac

SJ, Thanks. I did see that. I'm going to have to try something. Ill print out the menu and see if I can stick to it for a few weeks at least and see what happens. I feel really good loosing the pounds. If I can just get to my target now. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
Nice work!

Right now it doesn't seem to matter what I do, I wake up 167... Right now I am working out and eating right, but not going down

Target for me was 165 so I'm not too far off but I did publish a sample menu earlier in this thread that might be able to help you stay with the lower carbs

Old 01-24-2019, 12:55 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Covi View Post
First of all congrats that it a lot of weight loss, and my advice would be to not get stuck on a single number like weight.

If you feel like you have more weight to lose, then it may be time to change up the body a bit with some resistance training to gain lean muscle and help yourself on the lean weight vs. fat weight train.

I am at 203 (after losing 15-18 lbs recently) and my body is definitely responding and changing … I am hoping to gain some more muscle definition and in my case that includes removing the fat layer around it …. so far so good but want to be 190-195 …. which would be ok for an athletic 51 year old ….

Stick with it …. don't be afraid of resistance training and also making sure you eat enough … if you don't eat enough your body metabolism will slow and you plateau.

Peace.

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
"Do you have Flake on that boat?"
Old 01-24-2019, 07:03 PM
MC Maniac

Thanks! Thanks for the advice!

[
QUOTE=93Prostar190;1467452]First of all congrats that it a lot of weight loss, and my advice would be to not get stuck on a single number like weight.

If you feel like you have more weight to lose, then it may be time to change up the body a bit with some resistance training to gain lean muscle and help yourself on the lean weight vs. fat weight train.

I am at 203 (after losing 15-18 lbs recently) and my body is definitely responding and changing … I am hoping to gain some more muscle definition and in my case that includes removing the fat layer around it …. so far so good but want to be 190-195 …. which would be ok for an athletic 51 year old ….

Stick with it …. don't be afraid of resistance training and also making sure you eat enough … if you don't eat enough your body metabolism will slow and you plateau.

Peace.[/quote]
Old 01-24-2019, 08:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X2
My weight loss stopped too...wife bought a peloton bike and I have been riding the crap out of it. FYI those girls are hot...I’m guessing I need to adjust something not sure what, yet. I was dropping 1-2lbs a week and down 20 since November. Haven’t lost a lb in 2 weeks with no changes in diet. Any advice of what to adjust? Do I lower carbs up protein? I have no clue...cut out processed foods and booze during the week prior to adding the 45 minutes of cardio.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpinhigh View Post
My weight loss stopped too...wife bought a peloton bike and I have been riding the crap out of it. FYI those girls are hot...I’m guessing I need to adjust something not sure what, yet. I was dropping 1-2lbs a week and down 20 since November. Haven’t lost a lb in 2 weeks with no changes in diet. Any advice of what to adjust? Do I lower carbs up protein? I have no clue...cut out processed foods and booze during the week prior to adding the 45 minutes of cardio.
Y4s, cut the carbs. I snack on a string cheese (0 carbs) or a turkey sausage stick (1 carb) from costco. Every now and then i make parm cheese crisps

Most importantly, read your labels!

Old 01-25-2019, 11:14 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2014 X10
You need to count your calories - use MyFitnessPal- free online app. You may be surprised at the amount of calories you are consuming. I am down over 45 since oct 1. But I will say this dramatic weight loss is not suggested. One to two lbs per week is perfect until you get to your target weight.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:00 AM
TT Regular

Boat: X25
I agree on watching your daily calories intake aside from exercising on a regular basis.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:49 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 2019 NXT22
I'm at full winter weight, getting a physical next week that will scare the crap out of me and get me going !!!!!