Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 06-21-2017, 09:19 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 x30
The other options you mentioned (wrap and paint) will always be options so you may as well go to town on wet sanding. I had a section on the transom that had burned in Hyperlite sticker when I bought my 06 x30. It eventually came out with a good deal of wet sanding- Id wager that will come out but man thats a lot of elbow grease coming your way. I left the tribal off and like it a good deal better. I would respectfully suggest that you get the gel looking right and then decide what decal you want. You can update the look significantly
Old 06-21-2017, 11:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2005 X45 L18
The gelcoat on my x45 was pretty bad, but not as bad as yours. Mine was not salvagable, and seriously considered doing a wrap. I decided against it because i would always know what the gelcoat was like underneath. So i found someone local that actually resprayed the gelcoat for about 2k. This would just be for the red part that's faded real bad.

For the interior, i took it to viper customs, and they did a great job. It was 4500-5000, don't remember exactly.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:43 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, xstar,06, indmar
Thanks for the input I really appropriate it.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:43 AM
Banned

Boat: 2000 SILV MARINE
Need help 06 x star

i recently obtain phantasy star IV and on second quest does anyone know where the dog is?

Tags
ghost, ghosting, hull, x star, xstar