Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > What is this boat worth?

Old 08-02-2019, 10:33 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Prostar
Someone just posted a tower for sale.
Old 08-02-2019, 01:36 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2005 PS197
I had an 05 197 with an ND minitower. Great boat. Family liked it and boarded behind it.

I moved up to a 2015 prostar with a tower. Great boat. Need more bodies in it before we can surf behind it. tube, board and ski are great. Kids love it and we do well skiing and such off of the dock. No trailer issues like you.

I skied behind VTX, X30 and Xt23 and absolutely refuse to consider that a compromise. If you have a course you won't be happy behind any of the crossovers I've skied. that said surfing can be fun with a group that can all be on board at the same time.

In your same spot 3 years ago, I should have kept my old boat. It did everything I wanted and never complained. I don't barefoot.

I'd put a tower and swap a bag for the rear seat and keep on going. You can try the bag and no tower and see where you're at. Cheap to try, or even fill a bunch of 5 gal pails with water and have a run at it.

My kids at 11 and 14 don't care that they can't surf without the rope on our boat. They'll surf with the neighbors and spend all the time they can with a rope behind ours so they're definitely not missing out. On the water is better than at work paying for the boat.

sparkly paint is nice though. 6L would be nice too.
Old 08-17-2019, 02:15 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Tournament Team
Getting tower quotes, not looking great due to exchange

First, thanks for all the posts on this thread. Lots of great feedback. Leaning towards selling now and buying something with a tower. Sooooo....question now is what is our boat worth with/without a trailer ie., I can buy a friendís trailer and add it if needed. Would like to get an idea of price range and then Iíll post on For Sale section. Thoughts?
Old 08-17-2019, 02:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 X2
If you're not hardcore course skiing. Look for a model that is a crossover. There are a couple that will ski, board and surf. We went from an X9 to an X2 because the kids and their friends got bigger.
I miss the direct drive a couple times each year. Overall, we are very satisfied with the X2 and how versatile it is. That 197 is way nice. As soon as I get a lake house bought, I'm going shopping for one.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:49 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2016 ProStar 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007TT View Post
First, thanks for all the posts on this thread. Lots of great feedback. Leaning towards selling now and buying something with a tower. Sooooo....question now is what is our boat worth with/without a trailer ie., I can buy a friendís trailer and add it if needed. Would like to get an idea of price range and then Iíll post on For Sale section. Thoughts?
This time of year without a trailer, 21k is probably reality.

Get the new hull with the tower. 2015 or newer. They will be harder to find with a tower but I have heard it is easy for your dealer to add one.

Tags
197, 2005