Clarion speakers all shot!! Replacement ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Johnson
    MC Devotee
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by mastercraftka View Post
    ya i just ordered two more kickers they do what i need them to do. Thanks for the tip, what kind of proctectent?
    Just 303 Aerospace Protectant that you use on your vinyl.

Comment

• dvsone79
      MC Devotee
      • Jul 2012

Ok what about a replacement bluetooth stereo that wont break the bank? Will other stereos be compatible with my clarion remotes heads?
      I use an aftermarket Bluetooth adapter that connects to my existing Clarion (non-BT) head unit. The Fusion BT100. Do a search for it, can be found for $30-$40. Installation requires it to be directly hooked up to the battery, and RCA inputs on the back of your head unit. If you want something more simple, any of the Bluetooth car adapters for $20 on Amazon will also work. Those just plug in to the AUX input on the front, and usually require a 12v adapter, although some have built in batteries. I’ve used those before the BT100. Honestly, I couldn’t tell a difference. I got the BT100 because I started getting feedback in my tower speakers (or at least most noticeably in the tower speakers since they’re the loudest). But the feedback was still there with the Fusion unit, so I traced it down to the IR extender that I was using to be able to use the Clarion infrared remote with the dry box closed. I was powering it off the same 12v adapter so it was causing a ground loop or something. So in hindsight the cheap car audio BT adapter was fine. But the Fusion unit works well, too.

Comment

• mastercraftka
        MC Devotee
        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
        I use an aftermarket Bluetooth adapter that connects to my existing Clarion (non-BT) head unit. The Fusion BT100. Do a search for it, can be found for $30-$40. Installation requires it to be directly hooked up to the battery, and RCA inputs on the back of your head unit. If you want something more simple, any of the Bluetooth car adapters for $20 on Amazon will also work. Those just plug in to the AUX input on the front, and usually require a 12v adapter, although some have built in batteries. I’ve used those before the BT100. Honestly, I couldn’t tell a difference. I got the BT100 because I started getting feedback in my tower speakers (or at least most noticeably in the tower speakers since they’re the loudest). But the feedback was still there with the Fusion unit, so I traced it down to the IR extender that I was using to be able to use the Clarion infrared remote with the dry box closed. I was powering it off the same 12v adapter so it was causing a ground loop or something. So in hindsight the cheap car audio BT adapter was fine. But the Fusion unit works well, too.
        I have used those soemthing similiar on my old boat and the reception not good and it was not a clear sound. I was getting engine electrical interference or something.
        2017 XT23

Comment

• TarheelMC
          TT Enthusiast
          • Jul 2017

Just because the bluetooth is built into the headunit does not mean that it is better. Some of the basic headunits with bluetooth are no better than the $10 adapters. You will definitely need to look into the compatibility with your existing remotes. It's pretty unlikely that anything new will work with your existing remotes though.

If all you really want is bluetooth, then do an adapter. I would suggest JL's bluetooth based on it supporting "aptX". It's a codec that helps deliver CD Quality sound via bluetooth. I don't know if the Fusion adapter does, but I'm sure it's a good adapter, too.

JL's is the MBT-RX @ $40

Comment

• Jwgredeux
            TT Enthusiast
            • Jun 2015

Bought two today gona try them out.gona put them in friday!
            Did you wire the light to an accessory switch on the dash? If not how did you wire the light feature to power?

Comment

• MLA
              MC Devotee
              • May 2012

Originally posted by Jwgredeux View Post
              Did you wire the light to an accessory switch on the dash? If not how did you wire the light feature to power?
              The lights need their own control circuit. You have a handful of single color options you can wire to a switched 12V source and ground, or go with the optional RGB controller for multi-color changing control. The later requires only a 2 conductor wire to each speaker for lights, the later requires a 4 conductor wire and controller.

If wiring a color other then the boat's existing courtesy light color, I prefer their own switched source for mode lighting.

Comment

• dvsone79
                MC Devotee
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Jwgredeux View Post
                I wired all four of my LED speakers to an accessory switch on the dash, along with the underwater LED and two courtesy LEDs I installed. That way they all come on with one button. Pretty easy to do. The accessory switch was already prewired to the battery in my ‘99.

Comment

• deadbird7788
                  TT Newbie
                  • Aug 2019

I wired all four of my LED speakers to an accessory switch on the dash, along with the underwater LED and two courtesy LEDs I installed. That way they all come on with one button. Pretty easy to do. The accessory switch was already prewired to the battery in my ‘99.
                  How do you access the wiring for the switch? I am about to do the same thing but I cannot find any wiring diagrams. I have not looked in the boat first. I like to research first.

Thanks.
                  1984 Stars and Stripes (for sale)
                  2003 Prostar 205v

Comment

• dvsone79
                    MC Devotee
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by deadbird7788 View Post
                    How do you access the wiring for the switch? I am about to do the same thing but I cannot find any wiring diagrams. I have not looked in the boat first. I like to research first.

Thanks.
                    Could not have been any simpler in my ‘99. Each switch on the dash was prewired to a switch box, and the box had existing wires ready to crimp to whatever wire(s) you are running to it. I used wire nuts since I was connecting more than two wires. As soon as you look under your dash you’ll see what I’m talking about. Honestly no need for a wiring diagram. Each position on the switch box is even labeled for what ACCY button it goes to.

Comment

• deadbird7788
                      TT Newbie
                      • Aug 2019

Could not have been any simpler in my ‘99. Each switch on the dash was prewired to a switch box, and the box had existing wires ready to crimp to whatever wire(s) you are running to it. I used wire nuts since I was connecting more than two wires. As soon as you look under your dash you’ll see what I’m talking about. Honestly no need for a wiring diagram. Each position on the switch box is even labeled for what ACCY button it goes to.
                      Thanks! That was simple. In all o my years wiring cars I have never found something so simple. I was over thinking it.
                      1984 Stars and Stripes (for sale)
                      2003 Prostar 205v

Comment

Working...
                      X