Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 07-06-2017, 10:17 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 Mastercraft Maristar 210 LTR
Ballast system

Hoping to get some advice...

Based of recommendations from WakeMakers, this is the system I currently have in regards to center locker and bow ballast. https://wakeshops.zendesk.com/attach...A+Bow+bag+.jpg
The only difference is both vent lines connect prior to a check valve which flows to the vent thru hull. Here is why I am considering a change.
1. Bow bag does not drain fully- probably 5 gallons left
2. Air in bow bag while filling and draining

In talking again to WakeMakers, it has been suggested to set up the system as one large bag. Essentially, take out 'Y' connecter before center locker bag. Run fill/drain line into center locker bag only. Then use the center locker bag vent line to fill bow bag by using both fill/drain lines of bow bag. Then run bow bag vent line to a check valve and then to vent thru-hull. The thought is less air, more direct water flow.

Thoughts? I guess I am hesitant because I am receiving two different suggestions from WakeMakers and do not want to take the time to change if nothing changes. Thoughts?
Old 03-17-2021, 03:25 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Maristar, 210VR, 2000, 5.7 L, Perfect Pass Stargazer Wake, 910 bags rear, 515 locker, 520 bow, Swell Surf Gate,
Hi - I realize you sold your boat, but i’m wondering what you ended up doing regarding your ballast setup? I have close to the same boat. I may just run separate pumps and lines to the center and bow bags but if your method worked well perhaps that’s what I would do instead.