• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmskiboat
    TT Enthusiast
    • Sep 2019

Newbie Airflow Question

I was talking about our boat engine over the holidays, a prostar (not a vdrive) and showed a picture of the engine under the dog house. The guy I was talking to is a car mechanic and was asking about airflow and thought that the engine might be looking for air at WOT.

We have yet to receive the boat so I do not know if there are any vents to put fresh into the engine.

Do these engines just take what is available under the cover?
  • captain planet
    MC Platinum
    • Aug 2005

All boats have ventilation to the engine compartment. There are vents under the windshield, no need to add any.
    2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

"The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before." - Albert Einstein

Comment

• mmskiboat
      TT Enthusiast
      • Sep 2019

Thanks, was not thinking to add any was just wondering where they were if any. I remember seeing a boat that had like a little a scoop near the front above the rub rail but not sure the brand or if that was to put fresh air in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• mike koen
        MC Fanatic
        • May 2015

Vents on my x14 under the windshield and at the transom for constant air flow when driving. Also for the blower to easily cycle fresh air threw the hull.
        If she don't shine , she ain't mine

Comment

Working...
        X