Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Upholstery

Old 07-19-2020, 08:50 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1990 Mastercraft Prostar 190
Upholstery Scam

I want to give anyone who is looking to reupholster their boat a huge warning! Stay away from Boat Interiors Design in Keller, Texas.
https://www.boatinteriorsdesigns.com...oat-seat-skins
I have been burned so badly by this company and don’t want anyone to go through my experience. This company received every boat skin on my boat and a large deposit on March 13th. It is now July 19th, and I have yet to receive anything back. Once I started asking for my skins and money back they “supposedly” are halfway finished. I have been “mislead” (nice word) so many times its ridiculous. By the way, I have every email and text to support my experience. I’m really surprised that MasterCraft has not done anything to stop this company from using the MasterCraft name. I recently discovered from a boat dealer that Boat Interior Designs is misleading everyone to believe they are another upholstery company in the Keller, Texas area. That company’s name is…. Boat Interiors (the original). Boat Interiors (the original) is a highly respected, excellent quality upholsterer with several decades of experience. I’m sure you see what is happening to customers now. Thinking they got the good company, but really got the bad! Here is another sign, when you call the bad company’s phone number, you get a recording and the owner will NEVER return your call!
If you know where I can get any old MC 197 seat skin patterns, please let me know. Looks like I will be starting from scratch reassembling my interior.
Old 07-20-2020, 01:44 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 X45, 8.1L
I had the exact same experience. Terrible company. Just awful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2020, 09:34 AM
TT Newbie

Thanks Joe for replying! I know there are lots more victims. My challenge is where do I even start to reassemble my interior. The upholsters that I have contacted need a pattern to produce a new seat skin. We have lost a whole summer of enjoying the boat because we don't have anywhere for people to seat. Really looking for suggestions on how to solve this problem!
Old 07-20-2020, 10:16 AM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Sorry to hear about this. I'm in Keller and used these guys earlier this summer. http://theupholsteryworkshop.net/ Top notch work, great customer service, and really fast work!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 07-20-2020, 12:31 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 07 xstar
have you tried Viper, they might have the patterns on file
Old 07-20-2020, 12:31 PM
TT Newbie

Thanks Tex. No offense, but I'm going to pass on Keller, Texas. Plus, I still don't have any old skins for them to use to make new seat skins. I have called the main Mastercraft office in Tennessee a couple of time for any kind of guidance, but have not received a call back yet.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:04 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2005 MasterCraft Prostar 197 & 1989 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsturf View Post
Thanks Tex. No offense, but I'm going to pass on Keller, Texas. Plus, I still don't have any old skins for them to use to make new seat skins. I have called the main Mastercraft office in Tennessee a couple of time for any kind of guidance, but have not received a call back yet.
The shop Tex referred to is in Haltom City.
Old 07-20-2020, 06:24 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtexas View Post
The shop Tex referred to is in Haltom City.
...and very good!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 09-10-2021, 03:02 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: ProStar 205, 1998, LT1
Hey, Sportsturf. Whatever happened with your skins? Were you able to find someone to make new skins without the old ones as a template?

Last edited by Sidhatcher; 09-10-2021 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 09-18-2021, 02:30 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: ProStar 205, 1998, LT1
MasterCraft Seat Skins reproduced the vinyl for my ProStar 205 and it looks great! Will post photos once everything is reinstalled.