• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpcarter
    TT Regular
    • Apr 2010

Where's the diagnostic port on a '07 X2 SS MCX

Where is the diagnostic port located on an '07 X2 SS with an MCX? I borrowed a Diacom code reader setup & want to scan & diagnose the codes. Just don't want to hunt & seek for 30 minutes trying to find the jack.

The "Check Engine" indicator came on last summer with it's accompanying audio warning on the MCX equipped 2007 X2 SS. Was able to turn off the indicator and alarm by hitting the display selector, but it came on again and again - and only under load.

Oil pressure was normal (40-60) as was the engine temp (~160). No unusual sounds. No power loss. Idle and acceleration all normal.

Tried unplugging the battery overnight. No effect.
    Tried cycling the engine from cold to running temps multiple times. No effect.
  • SkiDog
    MC Addict
    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by jpcarter View Post
    Where is the diagnostic port located on an '07 X2 SS with an MCX? I borrowed a Diacom code reader setup & want to scan & diagnose the codes. Just don't want to hunt & seek for 30 minutes trying to find the jack.

The "Check Engine" indicator came on last summer with it's accompanying audio warning on the MCX equipped 2007 X2 SS. Was able to turn off the indicator and alarm by hitting the display selector, but it came on again and again - and only under load.

Oil pressure was normal (40-60) as was the engine temp (~160). No unusual sounds. No power loss. Idle and acceleration all normal.

Tried unplugging the battery overnight. No effect.
    Tried cycling the engine from cold to running temps multiple times. No effect.
    SOMEBODY help this man! This is my previous boat! JimN, anybody?????????
    http://weathersticker.wunderground.c.../Brunswick.gif

Comment

• jpcarter
      TT Regular
      • Apr 2010

thanks ski dog!

Comment

• Sodar
        MC Master Poster
        • Nov 2004

I believe all the ports are on the rear of the engine. I do not know exactly, but when the dealer hooked mine up to the computer, they went straight to the driveshaft side of the engine where all the electrical connections and ECU are.
        -Cameron
        2007 ProStar 197
        1996 ProStar 190

Comment

• jpcarter
          TT Regular
          • Apr 2010

Also...does anyone have the basics of pulling the codes using the tool? As in...do I run the tool with the ignition off? Or, ignit on, w/engine off? W/engine running?

Tips appreciated.

Comment

• Sodar
            MC Master Poster
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by jpcarter View Post
            Also...does anyone have the basics of pulling the codes using the tool? As in...do I run the tool with the ignition off? Or, ignit on, w/engine off? W/engine running?

Tips appreciated.
            Ignition On, Engine Off.
            -Cameron
            2007 ProStar 197
            1996 ProStar 190

Comment

• jpcarter
              TT Regular
              • Apr 2010

Just found out my the diagnostic code reader that I had access to isn't setup to connect to Indmar.

Where's the best place online to get Indmar diagnostic tools and what is your recommendation for a pro-sumer model?

Comment

• Sodar
                MC Master Poster
                • Nov 2004

When I was really researching, I was given these two addresses....

and

The Official Site of Rinda Technologies, Inc. Designing innovative engine diagnostic tools and software for over 20 Years.

My thread: http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/show...highlight=MEFI
                -Cameron
                2007 ProStar 197
                1996 ProStar 190

Comment

• jpcarter
                  TT Regular
                  • Apr 2010

Thanks Sodar. Will look at getting one of those. For now....Found a local Indmar mechanic. Going to have him use his test rig to pull the log Friday morning for ~$100.

Comment

• BobbyG
                    TT Newbie
                    • Jun 2013

Hi JP

I have the same year model boat. Last summer I started experiencing the same issues. However, once or twice I would lose power and see my oil pressure drop quickly then pop back up to normal.
                    What did you find was the issue with yours?

Thanks

Comment

• jpcarter
                      TT Regular
                      • Apr 2010

It was a loose oil filter. Apparently not loose enough to leak oil, but loose enough to allow enough air into the system to trigger the low oil sensor. Found it when I changed the oil. Never came on again.

Comment

• SkiDog
                        MC Addict
                        • Jun 2005

Hows my boat doing? I miss her greatly!
                        http://weathersticker.wunderground.c.../Brunswick.gif

Comment

• njh2oskier
                          TT Newbie
                          • Aug 2017

where is the diagnostic link on a 2009 x55 400hp 6.2 and will a standard gm automotive tool work?

Comment

Working...
                          X