Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 09-16-2019, 10:54 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X30, 6.0L
That's interesting. Getting ready to dig into mine and try to figure out what's up. I have an 08 X30 and had my port ballast completely disappear from the gauge? Then pumps have pretty much quit working. I can turn them to fill and the lights will come on for a second but no action on the pumps. If I turn back to empty the LED's will completely go off and nothing. So far I've checked the pumps by jumping them straight from a battery and they work fine. By the volt meter they get a quick shot of 12V to the connector at the pump but evidently can't pull enough current for the pump to kick on so hopefully bad connection. Guess I need to pull the black box and check all the connectors 1st but this post makes me wonder about my switches also.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:56 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft 2007 X2 MCX
Check to make sure the power wires to the timer modules are tight and free of corrosion at the module and at the battery.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:24 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2008 Mastercraft X30, 6.0L
Thanks for the pointers. Turned out to just be the main ground wire in the timer box that was really loose. A few of the others were a little loose. Crazy that after 10 year and 600+hrs it comes loose like that. Seems like that would be one of those things that would happen in the 1st couple years or not at all.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:26 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2017 NXT 22
2016 NXT Ballast trouble shooting

For the last 4 years I have used my NXT 22 for about 75hrs a Year and Have add a lot of fun with it. Except for the fact that my rear right ballast is filling 1 out of 10 attempt. when I succeed I left the ballast loaded for many weeks until I have to take the boat out of the water. it seams like the pump is not getting filed with water. looks like pressure is getting in the system some how. maybe the run is to long to reach the ballast ? The pump have been switch with the left one. No result. all the check valve have been check and replace also. Filling at different speed have been tried. the boat loaded with weight on left or right side. no result. the newer NXT Have pumps place on each side closer to each of the ballast. would it be the only answer. The Mastercraft dealership haven't been able to solve this issu in many attempts for the last 4 Years. the warranty ends on august 2020. I'm getting really frustrated with this situation.

sorry for my rusty English.

Really need help here!
Old 11-13-2019, 05:44 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2018 NXT22 Prior 2002 Maristar 230 VRS
Airlock in the hose feeding the tank. I will send you a pic if I can find one.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2018 NXT22 Prior 2002 Maristar 230 VRS
There is a hose in the front of the compartment where your ballast bags are. It should not be a "J" in shape. More like an "L" just twist the PVC fitting more toward 90 degrees to the top and pull the hose up a little. Should solve the problem.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:49 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2017 NXT 22
Tanks for the tips. hope to solve definitely this issu.