Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-15-2019, 12:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka View Post
I have wondered about it myself and really just need to try it. I have one just never remember to throw it in the boat when we take off.

I understand that with gen 2 you "shouldn't" have to, but if it helps? If it helps I guess one could say that the setting are wrong which could be caused by the actuators not deploying to the correct spots.
Lashburn tried it on his x20. It didn't help. He did a thread on it somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 12:23 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2017 XT23, previous was 2004 XSTAR, first was a prostar 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
Lashburn tried it on his x20. It didn't help. He did a thread on it somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I don't doubt it but what the hec I have one from my old xstar I am gona try it anyway.

2019 LONE STAR MASTERBASH!!!!
Old 08-15-2019, 04:46 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2016 x30
Ok, going out this afternoon around 5:00.

I have always felt that the mastercraft boats should not need additional surf products/enhancements. Donít get me wrong not saying my wave sucks. Just getting input. I will say I have recently surged behind a new moomba and malibu - moomba was no good. Malibu did have bigger wave but all in all the mastercraft was better hands down.

I will say that we had a wake shaper and put it on the boat and it was a dramatic difference in our surf way. Much longer much taller. Iíve ordered the new one which just came in today and it is about 18ď x 18ď. It is huge. Iím expecting great things.

Iím just want to get to the zone 3 and 4 area. Iím wanting to be in excess of 10 ft behind boat.

May have to look at the larger bags. When our bags are full - there maybe 6 inches of room left on the top of the opening. Are you saying the 1100 lbs bags take up that small bit of room? Seems like that would not make too much difference. I canít believe that would be 490 lbs.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 19 x22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will.I.am View Post

I have always felt that the mastercraft boats should not need additional surf products/enhancements. Donít get me wrong not saying my wave sucks. Just getting input. I will say I have recently surged behind a new moomba and malibu - moomba was no good. Malibu did have bigger wave but all in all the mastercraft was better hands down.

I will say that we had a wake shaper and put it on the boat and it was a dramatic difference in our surf way. Much longer much taller. Iíve ordered the new one which just came in today and it is about 18ď x 18ď. It is huge. Iím expecting great things.

Iím just want to get to the zone 3 and 4 area. Iím wanting to be in excess of 10 ft behind boat.

May have to look at the larger bags. When our bags are full - there maybe 6 inches of room left on the top of the opening. Are you saying the 1100 lbs bags take up that small bit of room? Seems like that would not make too much difference. I canít believe that would be 490 lbs.
Will.i.am something is not right with your boat. Either the bags/tanks arenít completely filling or your actuators are bad. With that said Iíve added weight to all my MCs. I feel like they ballast them just enough in stock form to get a surfable wave. The next 500-1000lbs makes them come alive!

The x30s and x10s like all the ballast full plus some. You donít need to list them as much as the v shaped hulls like the x23. Again I bet there Is something wrong with your actuators.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:32 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '14 X30 6.2L, '96 SkiRay Tournament(sold)
I have no problem getting 10ft behind my X30 with just a driver and stock set up.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:10 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 x30
Quote:
Ok, going out this afternoon around 5:00.....
Any update?
Old 08-20-2019, 01:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2013 Mastercraft x25 6.0 Ilmor gen 2 surf
Quote:

18Ēx18Ē inch wake shaper?! Thatís insane haha what brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2019, 08:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2015 x30
Bump.... Any update
Old 08-23-2019, 10:03 AM
TT Regular

Ok,

Well some good and bad news. Bad news - it was extremely windy when we went out last weekend. I don't think we got a fair shake on our results.

We did try many configurations with the tanks. Again - have a 2016 x30 gen 2 setup. No modifications - all stock. We are mostly goofy footed.

Bottom line is - all bags filled and outside tab down 100% threw the best wave. No doubt.

It was interesting - when I put on the new wake shaper - there was little to no change in the wave - which is somewhat disappointing!!

Secondly - we did not ski behind each wave - I know that can be quite different from the looks.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2019, 10:13 AM
TT Regular

Some of the things we tried:

All tanks empty except one rear - did starboard side 100% and port tab 100%. Again - threw a smooth wave, smaller wave and the boat really was leaning over to that side (almost uncomfortably - remember - really windy).

Everything at 50% - even tab - wave was about 50% of size.

With wake shape - did not appear to be a noticeable difference. This is the new wake shaper - wake surf edge - mega. As much as I was expecting it to make a huge difference - visually - it didn't do much.

I know we had a much smaller wake shaper - it seemed to do wonders for our wave. Since we lost that one to the bottom of the lake....Thought this mega one would be the ticket for the mega wave.

Again, we throw a good wave for zone 1 and 2. Just trying to get to zone 3 and 4.

Going out this weekend again - anyone going to be on Eagle Mountain Lake let me know!! I'll let you try the wake shaper.
Attached Images

Tags
2016, ballast, surf, x-30