• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JusTryin2stayAfloat
    TT Newbie
    • Jul 2018

just got this1996 mastercraft prostar 205

Please bear with me folks... I got this Pro Star 205 when my father passed away... My brother said it wouldn't start... I got a friend to come by and he fixed the starter... (Wasn't getting contact)... Then we removed the inlet house and I replaced it with another house connected to my garden hose.. Opened up the water... Started the boat... It ran for about 30-40seconds...I shut it off... then the water... Cleaned up my tools... Turned H2O back on and started the boat a second time... Letting it run for almost a minute before shutting everything down again.
    I was pleased that it was such a painless fix... The next morning I went out to show my brother.. Let it run about 20 seconds... Lifted the engine cover to swap out the intake hose...AND THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT WAS FILLED WITH A GOOEY SLUDGE...
    Helppppppppppppppp... Please
  • bturner2
    MC Addict
    • Mar 2008

Welcome to TT and congratulations on your new (to you) boat. Sorry to hear about your issue but you've come to the right place to get some assistance. One thing you'll find here is that people are going to want details and pictures if you want help with any issues you're helping.

I would highly suggest a better description of the goo in question, describing where it may be coming from and posting a few pictures of the goo along with any areas it may be coming from.

Comment

• Ski-me
      MC Maniac
      • Mar 2007

I'm wondering if the hose connection was into the heater line rather than the raw water intake?!?
      - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

Working...
      X