• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RFoot19
    TT Newbie
    • Feb 2019

Floor Yellowing

The area that is under my carpeting has developed a slight yellow tinge. Normal washing has not helped remove it. What products to other use to remove this?
  • John Johnson
    MC Devotee
    • Aug 2013

I'd be interested to know this as well. Seems it only happens where rubber backing meets the deck. Mine is white.

Comment

• dh009
      TT Enthusiast
      • May 2017

Sounds like plasticizer migration. I had this happen from a mirror mount on the windshield frame. Left me with a yellowish stain. So far nothing I’ve tried has removed it (goo gone, acetone, ordinary cleaners).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Scampbell18
        TT Regular
        • Apr 2019

I uses MaryKate On and Off Boat Hull cleaner. This stuff removes anything off your hull with very little effort. I doubt its recommended for the inside of the boat (hydrocloric acid) but i used some sparingly on the floor or my boat and it made it look brand new. I also ran the hose for a long time in the hull to make sure I got all the cleaner out the drain so it wouldnt corrode anything down below.

If i had to do it over again, I wouldve wiped up as much as possible first before rinsing down through the hull. This stuff is magic, but toxic.

Comment

• Thrall
          MC Addict
          • Jul 2004

^Yes, if that or toilet bow, cleaner doesn't take it off, idk.
          '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

Working...
          X