• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eecyclone
    MC Devotee
    • Oct 2014

Xstar Documentary (Gen 4)

I'm not sure if this has been posted here already but I thought it was an interesting behind the scenes look at the development of the 2013 Xstar

Documentary on wake boarding original high performance boat rig.Subscribe to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWtROy3XiTMsZzZdRWD2ckw?sub_confirmati...
    '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
    (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
    '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
    www.chesnuttech.com
  • lakedrum03
    MC Devotee
    • Jul 2017

That is pretty cool.

Comment

• LostDriver669
      MC Fanatic
      • Feb 2019

That was cool to watch.

Comment

• IBR
        TT Enthusiast
        • Jan 2016

Thanks for sharing. Haven't seen that one before and I love my Gen 4 X-Star

Comment

• LDA6339
          MC Maniac
          • May 2016

Will watch later today! Do they explain reason behind the 2 foot long forks up front?
          2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• stevenbratt
            TT Enthusiast
            • Aug 2014

It would be cool if they did one for the current generation.

Comment

• kvw4x4
              MC Fanatic
              • Feb 2015

Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
              Will watch later today! Do they explain reason behind the 2 foot long forks up front?
              Just for the badassness I think
              Attached Files
              2019 Xstar

Comment

• LDA6339
                MC Maniac
                • May 2016

Great documentary! Felt a lot like a sales pitch though because of how the interview subjects answered the questions. Was cool seeing that orange X-Star at the end, that boat is currently at TXMC, cut in half, and mounted to the wall of their service dept!!
                2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• moosehead
                  MC Maniac
                  • May 2015

Xstar Documentary (Gen 4)

^Great photo kvw4x4!

Will also use the term badassness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• PrestigeLakeWide
                    TT Regular
                    • Jul 2014

I loved the look of that gen x star and the promo video they shot with the black and green one was amazing. Still one of the few boat promo vids to hit 1m+

Discussion wise I'm trying to remember exactly why this boat was a flop compared to other Gens. I know the G23 set the bar pretty high and surfing took priority so it's lack of a surf system out the gate didn't help. But was there really anything else that affected it?

Comment

• JohnE
                      Super Moderator
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by PrestigeLakeWide View Post
                      I loved the look of that gen x star and the promo video they shot with the black and green one was amazing. Still one of the few boat promo vids to hit 1m+

Discussion wise I'm trying to remember exactly why this boat was a flop compared to other Gens. I know the G23 set the bar pretty high and surfing took priority so it's lack of a surf system out the gate didn't help. But was there really anything else that affected it?
                      Part of the flop was the delay in introducing it. It was hyped, but then not released for some time afterwards. I think they had some unexpected redesigns to work out. Between that, wakeboarding's demise, and the surf explosion, it never gained much traction. And the newest Star definitely helps make the gen 4 a distant memory. (not trying to offend anyone - it's still a great boat)
                      Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• CantRepeat
                        • Jul 2008

I was trying to ID the carpet installer that was cutting open the ballast tanks as he trimmed the carpet!!!
                        -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• swatguy
                          MC Maniac
                          • Mar 2007

Ohhhhh the flop. I remember those discussions and being banned because I called it out on the site here well in advance. The boat flopped because it was so overhyped and they jumped the gun on releasing it before the hull was actually completed out of the R and D stage . So they spent all the time, money , and advertising on a launch of a boat that was no where near complete . The famed missing 2012 XStar. The launch video with Rusty was one of the sickest videos ever made, but the boat was no where near a completed stage and they tried to rush everything through to match the competition that was dominating them. I hope the fired the crew at MC corporate that was responsible for that debacle .

That video is great and the legacy the star has had in wakeboarding is unmatched. It was the boat that defined the sport for sure . This issue now is that sport no longer the primary activity that moves boats. People see XSTAR stamped
                          on a boat and think immediately wakeboard specific. The fact it surfs well these days is mostly overlooked and it rarely enters a surf discussion. The drive to own an XStar has definitely decreased with MC producing so many other performance boats
                          CURRENT: 2008 SANTE 210 w NSS

2000 Mastercraft Xstar
                          2004,2005 Ski Centurion Avalanche C4
                          2003, Ski Centurion Cyclone
                          99,2000,2001, 2002 Ski Centurion Elite V/Hurricane/lightning
                          88 2001 Nautique

Comment

• JohnE
                            Super Moderator
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by swatguy View Post
                            Ohhhhh the flop. I remember those discussions and being banned because I called it out on the site here well in advance. The boat flopped because it was so overhyped and they jumped the gun on releasing it before the hull was actually completed out of the R and D stage . So they spent all the time, money , and advertising on a launch of a boat that was no where near complete . The famed missing 2012 XStar. The launch video with Rusty was one of the sickest videos ever made, but the boat was no where near a completed stage and they tried to rush everything through to match the competition that was dominating them. I hope the fired the crew at MC corporate that was responsible for that debacle .

That video is great and the legacy the star has had in wakeboarding is unmatched. It was the boat that defined the sport for sure . This issue now is that sport no longer the primary activity that moves boats. People see XSTAR stamped
                            on a boat and think immediately wakeboard specific. The fact it surfs well these days is mostly overlooked and it rarely enters a surf discussion. The drive to own an XStar has definitely decreased with MC producing so many other performance boats
                            ^^^Spot on, as usual^^
                            Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• MC25
                              MC Master Poster
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by swatguy View Post

Yep, what a flop it was. Really let the G shine and the star still lives in the shadow of it.
                              Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                              Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                              For Sale:
                              2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Working...
                              X