• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stritt
    MC Fanatic
    • Jul 2004

MasterCraft Investor Release Interesting Notes

Found this interesting as I was reviewing the transcript.

A new boat, under a different name and brand ( Not "MasterCraft') will be unveiled at the Miami boat show in 2019. There has been some hints as to a bigger boat coming and now we know some more details.

Excited for MasterCraft Holdings as they continue to increase their market into multiple marine categories.

AVIARA Boats

"Continuing our discussion on product development, we are excited to share more details regarding the new brand start-up we mentioned on our
    last earnings call. At the Miami International Boat Show in February 2019, MasterCraft Boat Holdings will be unveiling the first model of a new brand
    name, AVIARA, spelled A-V-I-A-R-A. AVIARA will be a series of large recreational day boats ultimately ranging from 32 to 40 feet. The 32-foot model
    will be available for consumer delivery starting in July of 2019, with additional models to be introduced in the future. To be very clear, AVIARA is
    not a performance sport boat nor is it an offshore fishing boat. AVIARA will be positioned as the preeminent brand serving the large recreational
    day boat segment, combining European styling with American layout and engineering. This combination of modern luxury with progressive styling
    will establish AVIARA as the new standard for quality, precision and design in the large rec boat day category.

The concept of the AVIARA brand was born from a carefully crafted strategy to fill the white space in the MasterCraft Boat Holdings portfolio with
    the goal of retaining existing customers and capturing new customers as their boating preferences evolve over time. Given this, AVIARA will be distributed through a new network of dealerships completely separate from our core MasterCraft dealers, with the capability of supporting and
    selling larger and more complex models of boats. More information on this will be provided at a later time. All our AVIARA models were designed
    and will be manufactured at our award-winning facility in Vonore, Tennessee, which manufactures all of our MasterCraft boat. AVIARA owners can
    expect the same level of outstanding quality, reliability and performance that is synonymous with the MasterCraft brand. More information will
    be posted as it is made available to the AVIARA brand website, which is www.aviaraboats.com. There, you can register for e-mail updates, link to
    our social media feeds, and be the first to learn about this exciting new brand.
  • dmbeck
    MC Fanatic
    • May 2014

Wow, I'm excited to see this. I can't believe they have the space in the current facility for this though, when we did a tour at the 50th party it seemed as if all existing space was used fully for MC and they are pushing a good number of boat through it. I know they use a building down the street to build trailers now, maybe they have another building picked out near by for these new boats also.

Comment

• jkski
      MC Devotee
      • Jun 2005

Continues to play into the "Premium boat brand/Premium pricing" strategy. It stands to reason that if you are going to build other boat lines thru your existing plant, then you are not going to be able to produce as many causing supply to decrease potentially while demand remains the same(possibly increases). More competition amongst dealers for the same build spots and consumers will pay more to make certain their boat gets built.
      Granted, this assumes they do not add production space and additional work shifts to offset.

Comment

• MC25
        MC Master Poster
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jkski View Post
        Continues to play into the "Premium boat brand/Premium pricing" strategy. It stands to reason that if you are going to build other boat lines thru your existing plant, then you are not going to be able to produce as many causing supply to decrease potentially while demand remains the same(possibly increases). More competition amongst dealers for the same build spots and consumers will pay more to make certain their boat gets built.
        Granted, this assumes they do not add production space and additional work shifts to offset.
        Doubtful they will cut production or MC. That would be the dumbest move they can do while these things are selling so fast. The production of HydraSports did not have an effect on MC production.
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• captain planet
          MC Platinum
          • Aug 2005

I've said I wanted something bigger.
          2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

"The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone is likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before." - Albert Einstein

Comment

• jkski
            MC Devotee
            • Jun 2005

It would be interesting to see how many MC boats are produced each year since the HydraSports acquisition vs prior to.
            In the end, unless you stretch labor force or increase production facility, something has to give...hard to believe you gain much more in efficiency.

Comment

• gweaver
              MC Devotee
              • Aug 2011

Website is up: aviaraboats.com
              Minimal info, but there's a ghosted image of what I assume is the new boat coming out.

Found a Youtube video, but it's just music and water/waves.
              I'm going to guess entry pricing will be somewhere north of 275K.

G

Comment

• dmbeck
                MC Fanatic
                • May 2014

That looks far from the standard 32' design that I normally see cruising around. When I think of 32-40' I think of cabin cruiser or maybe the new crossover type that formula and others have come out with that has a small cabin but also has bow seating. The ghosted image from the website looks like something similar to a 26-28' bowrider layout to me.

Comment

• gweaver
                  MC Devotee
                  • Aug 2011

Agreed- most of the Euro runabouts have the windshield/helm more centrally located in the hull. This appears to be a more helm-forward design. Would give you more 'cabin' room for socializing, but not much in the way of bow seating. The hard top/bimini seems a bit short for what is being called a day boat. I would have thought they'd make it a bit longer at the rear, to extend shaded area. If it's not for tow sports, no real need to have such a short hard top.

G

Comment

• Stritt
                    MC Fanatic
                    • Jul 2004

Agree, production of MasterCraft's I would presume was lower than current when they were building the HydraSports. Within the same release in wording based on demand of production and that Friday's are utilized as needed to relieve production. It would seem they have production capacity. Back at the peak werent they building close to 18 boats a day, with the trailers going down the line in the same building? MC are bigger with seemingly more parts than those years so that would possibly affect the number of units able to be released for shipment daily.

That production along with the limited 300 gave the factory the confidence to build bigger.

Also in the release was the NautiStar was building/modernizing in order to build up to a 39 center console in production. They mentioned they will be introducing (2) bigger boats than the largest 28' they are producing.

Comment

• Loewen
                      TT Regular
                      • May 2015

Originally posted by gweaver View Post
                      Agreed- most of the Euro runabouts have the windshield/helm more centrally located in the hull. This appears to be a more helm-forward design. Would give you more 'cabin' room for socializing, but not much in the way of bow seating. The hard top/bimini seems a bit short for what is being called a day boat. I would have thought they'd make it a bit longer at the rear, to extend shaded area. If it's not for tow sports, no real need to have such a short hard top.

G
                      Good chance that hard top will be extendable towards the stern, similar to the bigger Cobalts of today.

Comment

• Mastercraftdave
                        MC Addict
                        • Feb 2012

This is a bad segment to get in especially with the rise of day boat center consoles.

Comment

• MC25
                          MC Master Poster
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Mastercraftdave View Post
                          This is a bad segment to get in especially with the rise of day boat center consoles.
                          I don’t think they’d enter the market without a bit of research... lol
                          Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                          For Sale:

Comment

• jeffbare
                            TT Enthusiast
                            • Dec 2008

That name is awfully close to Bayliners Ariva.

Comment

• MC25
                              MC Master Poster
                              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jeffbare View Post
                              That name is awfully close to Bayliners Ariva.
                              Arriva

Avaira
                              Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                              For Sale:

Comment

Working...
                              X