• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 04n80Cobra
    TT Newbie
    • Aug 2016

1989 Tristar 190

1989 Mastercraft Tristar 190 inboard tournament ski boat, same hull as the Barefoot 190 of the era and wake has very little spray for barefooting. The slalom wake is exceptional. With a pylon extension my kid enjoys wakeboarding. We have surfed behind it with a bunch of people, but the wake is pretty lame. Boat is in excellent condition, needs nothing, ready to go. If you look carefully at the engine and bilge pictures you can see exactly how clean this boat is. 351 Windsor V8 and Velvet drive. Sitting on factory Mastercraft tandem axle trailer. Boat currently has 917 hours, interior is in great shape.
    I have owned this boat for the last six years, it has been in the same group of friends for over nine years. Maintenance records back to 1996. Original black Mastercraft three ring binder containing boat owner’s manual; transmission owner’s manual; winterization guide; factor options brochure; tournament boat guide and PCM engine owner’s manual included with the boat.
    I had no intention of ever selling this boat and it has been maintained in that manner.
    Exterior wrapped in 2014
    At 763 hours installed brand new marine starter motor, old marine starter included with sale as spare.
    At 796 hours installed brand new raw water pump, old pump included with sale as spare. At 901 hours, installed new raw water pump impeller, DIM item number 0714 ($39), brand new spare in the wrapper included with sale. Installed new, crankcase oil and filter changed at the same time.
    At 830 hours converted to electronic ignition ($308) by installing Ignitor-II electronic ignition and Flame Thrower II ignition coil, distributor cap/rotor, new spark plug wires and spark plugs; crankcase oil/filter changed.
    At 875 hours installed new four blade propeller, original three blade included with sale as spare. Both props in great shape. Also replaced Airguide Pitot assemblies with Tournament Pitot ($50) assemblies from Discount Inboard Marine (DIM) which feature a venturi style pick up that doesn’t clog, DIM item number 1804. Installed stainless steel quick release bimini top mounts, DIM item number 4516 ($46). boat has a huge, four bow bimini top.
    Stereo receipts for over $750 from Crutchfield include remote steering wheel controls, Infinity Reference Amp, Infinity Marine speakers and JVC digital media receiver that automatically blue tooth connects to two phones at once for phone calls and media.
    Factory Mastercraft tandem axle trailer with matching factory spare. I added a hydraulic strut designed for use on hatch back vehicles to the factory safety retaining bar. This holds the bar up when loading and allows it to function just like a boat buddy or ramp n clamp, making it a true drive on trailer that doesn’t require you to get wet when loading.
    Lowrance depth finder and boat cover included. $10,750 obo Pictures up soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 04n80Cobra; 09-03-2019, 05:17 PM. Reason: Adding pictures
  • Grahamexl
    TT Newbie
    • Sep 2019

Hi,

I had a Mckee Craft Pulse 1800 CC 2001 but sold it last year. Now, I've been whining for the whole year and my wife says I'm just killing her with my nostalgic mood. We were planning a huge purchase with my wife, so we tried to save up and didn't really spend much on trifles.
    We thought about 2016 Highlander 31RGR, but eventually, we decided to get a boat first (at least something I can enjoy after I retired, worked as a driving instructor for 15+ years at a truck driving school in my area (drivingschoolnear.me)) - found a couple of comments about the pros and cons on the forum - https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com//sh...d.php?p=508166, but the comments are quite old.
    I'm from Corpus Christi, TX, where are you from? How can I contact you directly (via email perhaps) and then test it?
    John
    Last edited by Grahamexl; 09-17-2019, 10:51 AM. Reason: added information

Comment

• 04n80Cobra
      TT Newbie
      • Aug 2016

My number is 217/622-8200. I'm in Central Illinois.

Comment

• 04n80Cobra
        TT Newbie
        • Aug 2016

Sold!

Comment

Working...
        X