• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LipschitzWrath
    TT Enthusiast
    • Oct 2018

Originally posted by paintpollz View Post
    @jharmen - what size oetiker clamps did you use with the new rubber fuel line?
    I thought I read somewhere someone said 13.3mm. I played it safe and bought an assortment off Amazon.

Comment

• willyt
      MC Maniac
      • May 2009

Just replaced my fuel pump in my 07 xstar. I had the dealer replace the whole module in ‘13 I think... which was about 700 hours ago. Im amazed it lasted that long frankly. I had the corrugated white tube in mine already, but bought a spare off amazon for the job in case I couldn’t reuse mine. I didn’t go with the oeliker clamps, just the style that came with the goodies fuel tube (but i did double clamp it). Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who added to this thread, made it very straightforward

Comment

• Tony84121
        TT Enthusiast
        • Jun 2018

Curious if anyone knows the part number for a 2018 7.4L Ilmor fuel filter? Fuel pump part number is 155216 by Millenium. Thanks all in advance!

Comment

• endl
          MC Fanatic
          • May 2006

Fuel pump quick info

When I pull this thread up none of the pics and part numbers show up. Does anyone have the part numbers for a 2006 MCX 350? I had mine changed by the dealer back in 2010-11. It’s out again and I would like to pull the fuel pump myself and change this time. Thank for anyone that can shorten this read.
          2006, X-45, Acme 1285, X-Star ballast, Heater, Shower,

Comment

• 93ProStar205
            TT Regular
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by endl View Post
            When I pull this thread up none of the pics and part numbers show up. Does anyone have the part numbers for a 2006 MCX 350? I had mine changed by the dealer back in 2010-11. It’s out again and I would like to pull the fuel pump myself and change this time. Thank for anyone that can shorten this read.
            Just did mine on a 2004 x-10 with the MCX. Found the model number on MCpartsdepot.com search but ultimately found in stock at inboardgarage.com. 155202 for me and also for your 2006 x-45. https://mcpartsdepot.com/products/mo...millenium-9-12

Worth noting lots of dealers are having supply problems on these. Three in my area didn’t have available but inboard garage did. Installed Saturday with no drama. Couple of pointers:

-It’s spring loaded so you need to compress to get bolts started.
            -gasket (get a new one) it’s a little tricky to align. I used Allen wrenches in the open bolt holes to get the first few started and keep it from shifting. 49 in-lb to finish. I started hand tight like I was doing lug nuts.
            -this tool worked like magic to get the line off first try. Second to smallest size. Lisle 39400 Angled Disconnect... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000W0UZHG...p_mob_ap_share
            -I bought new bolts. Lots of folks don’t but since I was in for an $800 module so I splurged on $35 in bolts.
            -my original pump was working but definitely on its way out. New pump really woke the MCX up. Also had a massive kink in the black hose as other have noted.

Good luck! Go slow and check for leaks frequently.
            Last edited by 93ProStar205; 05-26-2020, 10:45 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

• 93ProStar205
              TT Regular
              • Sep 2004

Couple of pics to add to the thread, including a shot of the factory-kinked hose, corrosion on pump module (this is with my 300 of its total 700 hours on ethanol-free gas) and the popular "yellow connector issue" that stranded me last week and prompted the module change. Note arced/burned connector second from right. New pump install replaced the entire harness coming from the relay at the ECM (p/n 501000), as I went from original Carter to new dual-pump Millennium setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2141.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	2404610

Name:	61194773847__15B283E1-5845-4BB0-A6C3-E4ADF3C1A5EA.JPG
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	2404611

Name:	61194869096__42E64638-4EFF-401F-A759-4C4F956780CB.JPG
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	2404612

Comment

• endl
                MC Fanatic
                • May 2006

Originally posted by 93ProStar205 View Post
                Just did mine on a 2004 x-10 with the MCX. Found the model number on MCpartsdepot.com search but ultimately found in stock at inboardgarage.com. 155202 for me and also for your 2006 x-45. https://mcpartsdepot.com/products/mo...millenium-9-12

Worth noting lots of dealers are having supply problems on these. Three in my area didn’t have available but inboard garage did. Installed Saturday with no drama. Couple of pointers:

-It’s spring loaded so you need to compress to get bolts started.
                -gasket (get a new one) it’s a little tricky to align. I used Allen wrenches in the open bolt holes to get the first few started and keep it from shifting. 49 in-lb to finish. I started hand tight like I was doing lug nuts.
                -this tool worked like magic to get the line off first try. Second to smallest size. Lisle 39400 Angled Disconnect... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000W0UZHG...p_mob_ap_share
                -I bought new bolts. Lots of folks don’t but since I was in for an $800 module so I splurged on $35 in bolts.
                -my original pump was working but definitely on its way out. New pump really woke the MCX up. Also had a massive kink in the black hose as other have noted.

Good luck! Go slow and check for leaks frequently.
                Thanks for your follow up. I used a precision pump from O'Reilly. Part number E16047. Only about $68 bucks. I re-used my corrugated hose which was probably the upgrade the last time the dealer did my fuel pump. I am not sure the straight hose in the kit would let the pump assembly move up and down

I encountered the same problem getting the bolts started and figured out the tension/spring load on the canister. I also got the gasket in place and then started on one side and went back and forth finger tightening the bolts and then continued with the allen socket across back and forth.

Good idea on going back and checking for leaks.

Another note to anyone testing the voltage going to the fuel pump. It only shows voltage for just a second when you turn your ignition on. I was trying to check it by myself and kept getting no voltage at pump socket so have someone turn ignition on while you have your multimeter on terminals.
                2006, X-45, Acme 1285, X-Star ballast, Heater, Shower,

Comment

• BoatMechanic
                  TT Regular
                  • May 2018

Millennium Pump Module

Hello, does anyone know which pumps can be used to replace the pumps in Millennium fuel pump module. Mine are Bosch P/N 0 580 453 604 a.k.a. 61910. Also does any the flow rate requirements for a 2008 MCX 5.7L?

Thanks for all the great info everyone who has contributed to this thread, I have searched high and low but can't locate the requested info.

Comment

• Owen.Nibley
                    TT Regular
                    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by BoatMechanic View Post
                    Hello, does anyone know which pumps can be used to replace the pumps in Millennium fuel pump module. Mine are Bosch P/N 0 580 453 604 a.k.a. 61910. Also does any the flow rate requirements for a 2008 MCX 5.7L?

Thanks for all the great info everyone who has contributed to this thread, I have searched high and low but can't locate the requested info.
                    Did you find a suitable replacement for the bosch pump? I have the same fuel pump and need to replace them. I need to get back on the water!
                    1992 Prostar 190

Comment

• BoatMechanic
                      TT Regular
                      • May 2018

I determined that the Bosch 69238 pump is a substitute. I installed two Bosch 69238 using 8mm fuel hoses from Summit ABT-CFD402 5/16X8.0 hoses. The hose going from the T-fitting to the regulator is 6mm. After a lot of searching I could not find a replacement so I used the short piece of hose the comes with the fuel pump. This is special high pressure submersible hose so don't used regular fuel hose. I bought an assortment of Oetiker clamps and installed the smallest clamps that would fit. Using the 5/16 hose on the regulator to T I used the smallest Oetiker clamp that would fit and made it as tight as I could. Don't waste your time with the worm screw clamps. With everything installed the engine started right up with 56 psi at the fuel rail. I haven't tested it under load yet but will this weekend. Considering each of the two pump could supply the volume and pressure required I am confident they will work.

Tools-Lisle fuel line disconnect (blue)
                      3/16 Allen (wrench or socket)
                      Diagonal cutters
                      Flat head screwdriver
                      Fuel Pressure tester
                      Oetiker clamp pliers

Parts
                      Bosch 69238 Pumps two $74.00 total (I removed the plastic filter screen that comes with the pump)
                      ABT-CFD402 5/16X8.0 hoses Summit Racing (APE.COM sells the same hose but they don’t answer the phone or email so I went with Summit) approx. $15+shipping you need two.
                      Oetiker stainless clamp assortment stainless $15.00

Comment

• BoatMechanic
                        TT Regular
                        • May 2018

Others recommend torque wrench for torqueing the allen screws to 49 in/lbs. I have one and used it but, seemed too tight for comfort. so I used my calibrated wrist instead.

Comment

• BT2005PS209
                          TT Regular
                          • Aug 2012

2005 ProStar 209 pump quit. Vortec MCX 5.7L engine.
                          Took it out. Carter P61323. Took it to AutoZone. They checked and said Carter replaced that with a new number. Carter P74083. Cross referenced to a Delphi CFE0514
                          Bought the pump and installed it in the canister. Also ordered a new fuel filter from waterskis.com since I was not going to take out the canister and swap the pump without changing the filter too. Once I installed it correctly, took a few turns to get the engine to fire, but after that it's fully pressurized again and runs perfect.
                          The part about having to use a torque wrench does not seem to be required. I just finger tightened and then turned about 1/2 turn after that with allen wrench.
                          Links below for the pump and the filter I used. Total cost around $150. Buying the new canister from Mastercraft was about $800. So nice savings doing it myself and I was surprised it wasn't that difficult of a job. Key is making sure that the pump is seated in the bottom of the canister correctly and then the plastic bracket that holds it down you have to make sure your screws stay on top of it when you put them pack in. First try I missed and the screw went below the bracket. Hope this helps somebody. This thread helped me. Thanks.

MasterCraft Fuel Filter for In-Tank Fuel pumps - Replace this filter before it starves your engine for fuel. | Midwest MasterCraft
                          Last edited by BT2005PS209; 06-26-2020, 01:36 AM. Reason: double entry

Comment

• DanMahx
                            TT Enthusiast
                            • Aug 2006

Does anyone know where I can get the yellow plug for the top of the module? The links in this thread to sources are no longer any good. Even a part number would be a help.

Comment

• BT2005PS209
                              TT Regular
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by BT2005PS209 View Post
                              2005 ProStar 209 pump quit. Vortec MCX 5.7L engine.
                              Took it out. Carter P61323. Took it to AutoZone. They checked and said Carter replaced that with a new number. Carter P74083. Cross referenced to a Delphi CFE0514
                              Bought the pump and installed it in the canister. Also ordered a new fuel filter from waterskis.com since I was not going to take out the canister and swap the pump without changing the filter too. Once I installed it correctly, took a few turns to get the engine to fire, but after that it's fully pressurized again and runs perfect.
                              The part about having to use a torque wrench does not seem to be required. I just finger tightened and then turned about 1/2 turn after that with allen wrench.
                              Links below for the pump and the filter I used. Total cost around $150. Buying the new canister from Mastercraft was about $800. So nice savings doing it myself and I was surprised it wasn't that difficult of a job. Key is making sure that the pump is seated in the bottom of the canister correctly and then the plastic bracket that holds it down you have to make sure your screws stay on top of it when you put them pack in. First try I missed and the screw went below the bracket. Hope this helps somebody. This thread helped me. Thanks.

https://waterskis.com/mastercraft-fu...nk-fuel-pumps/
                              Well crud. This ran fine for a while the first time after changing the pump and filter, but yesterday, only my 2nd time of running the boat since then, it died just like before and there is no getting it to restart again. Any thoughts on what would cause a new pump/filter to seemingly "fix" the issue only to have it return again on the 2nd outing?

Comment

• BoatMechanic
                                TT Regular
                                • May 2018

Originally posted by Owen.Nibley View Post
                                Did you find a suitable replacement for the bosch pump? I have the same fuel pump and need to replace them. I need to get back on the water!
                                Success- 56psi at idle, cruising, and wide open throttle. No performance issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X