Old 04-30-2021, 02:01 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft x14
WTB Airchair

Not really particular on the model
Old 04-30-2021, 02:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
You can have mine...when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

You'll have a blast on it. Learning is a pretty big step - it'll take anywhere from no time (my wife got up first time, and has been rock solid since) to multiple trips with multiple pulls (A friend who'd been skiing all his life and couldn't for the life of him get up on top of the water; fell over sideways every time). Watch some videos, if you can go with someone who knows how to do it at least once.
Old 04-30-2021, 04:55 PM

Boat: Passively looking for a CSX 265
https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=106239

You don't have to look far, but it's gonna cost you more to ship it then the chair.

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'
Old 04-30-2021, 06:15 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankSchwab View Post
You can have mine...when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers.

You'll have a blast on it. Learning is a pretty big step - it'll take anywhere from no time (my wife got up first time, and has been rock solid since) to multiple trips with multiple pulls (A friend who'd been skiing all his life and couldn't for the life of him get up on top of the water; fell over sideways every time). Watch some videos, if you can go with someone who knows how to do it at least once.
Have you played around on the new foils? Just curious which one most would say is more enjoyable. I know when we had the airchairs in the 80's we couldn't figure them out before the internet.
Old 04-30-2021, 06:17 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...d.php?t=106239

You don't have to look far, but it's gonna cost you more to ship it then the chair.
Ya I'm sure it would be a pain to ship and do not think I will be heading that far east anytime soon.
Old 05-01-2021, 12:06 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2018 XT20
I have original Air Chair, short strut, 24". It's great to learn on but have moved up to last years Sky Sky, 39" strut, huge difference especially with any wake. On the Air Chair, you'll come out of water more often crossing the wake, not a forgiving on small jumps, but great for learning to come out of water, just tie piece of rope at bottom to create drag. Sky ski comes with training rear wiing and CD on how to ride. Try https://www.foilforum.com/forums/for...For-Sale-Trade
Old 05-01-2021, 08:03 PM
TT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburman View Post
I have original Air Chair, short strut, 24". It's great to learn on but have moved up to last years Sky Sky, 39" strut, huge difference especially with any wake. On the Air Chair, you'll come out of water more often crossing the wake, not a forgiving on small jumps, but great for learning to come out of water, just tie piece of rope at bottom to create drag. Sky ski comes with training rear wiing and CD on how to ride. Try https://www.foilforum.com/forums/for...For-Sale-Trade
Appreciate the knowledge, never thought about the rope for drag. Where do y'all store them on the boat when you are out for the day.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:30 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1998 Maristar 200VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonvp View Post
Appreciate the knowledge, never thought about the rope for drag. Where do y'all store them on the boat when you are out for the day.
We separate the foil/mast from the board, and store the pair in one of the rear lockers.
Old 05-02-2021, 09:24 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2015 X30, 6.2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonvp View Post
There are several tower racks available. CompTech makes the best one.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:48 PM
TT Regular

Wish the x14 had enough room in the boat to store one I just don't know where to put. Looked at the tower rack and that would definitely work but they aren't cheap. Thanks for the feedback guys, have y'all tried the regular hydrofoils? Are they more enjoyable? Just curious which one everyone is going to have more fun on.