• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tmothy07
    MC Devotee
    • Apr 2017

1984 Stars and Stripes

Hey y'all,

Looking for cheap, old ski boats and came across this S&S near Houston.

Messaged this guy and he has no idea how many hours are on his boat, but insists its been taken care of. I think 8.2k is way high (especially nearing the end of summer), but wanted to see what TT thought.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    Tim
    Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
    1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
    1995 MC ProStar 205
  • 86Skier
    MC Fanatic
    • May 2013

I sold my '86 earlier this season for $9400.... but, it was in the heat of covid-selling season, and in all honesty, it was in a heck of a lot better shape than this one... definitely had more updates along the way (new upholstery, wet sand/polish, carpet, etc).

Comment

• waterlogged882
      MC Master Poster
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
      Hey y'all,

Looking for cheap, old ski boats and came across this S&S near Houston.

Messaged this guy and he has no idea how many hours are on his boat, but insists its been taken care of. I think 8.2k is way high (especially nearing the end of summer), but wanted to see what TT thought.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...27912433974919
      Leave it for another selection. Or get it for $5K. Too many red flags in those photos to justify $8.2K.

93 190
      (safe click)
      John 14:6
      (safe click)

Comment

• tmothy07
        MC Devotee
        • Apr 2017

Originally posted by 86Skier View Post
        I sold my '86 earlier this season for $9400.... but, it was in the heat of covid-selling season, and in all honesty, it was in a heck of a lot better shape than this one... definitely had more updates along the way (new upholstery, wet sand/polish, carpet, etc).
        Nice! Yeah, it's a bit beat up on the outside (which honestly isn't a big deal to me) and has no service/repair record

Unlikely to budge on the price, so I'll end up continuing my search, I'm sure.
        Tim
        1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
        1995 MC ProStar 205

Comment

• eecyclone
          MC Devotee
          • Oct 2014

Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
          Nice! Yeah, it's a bit beat up on the outside (which honestly isn't a big deal to me) and has no service/repair record

Unlikely to budge on the price, so I'll end up continuing my search, I'm sure.
          Seems like you need to make a road trip up to my area. I've been keeping an eye out for a prostar and have found several late 80's for less than that one in Houston.
          '18 XT22 w/5500 & Upgraded Premium Stereo
          (Previous- '08 X2 w/MCX)
          '16 F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L Eco 4x4

I can help with Klipsch Stereo modifications
          www.chesnuttech.com

Comment

• tmothy07
            MC Devotee
            • Apr 2017

Originally posted by eecyclone View Post
            Seems like you need to make a road trip up to my area. I've been keeping an eye out for a prostar and have found several late 80's for less than that one in Houston.
            100% in for that, could make a trip out of it. Feel free to shoot me any ads you find!
            Tim
            1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
            1995 MC ProStar 205

Comment

Working...
            X