Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Parts & Accessories

Old 07-05-2018, 03:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: MasterCraft, 280 SST, 2005, Twin 375 Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstaslp View Post
Can you add me to the email list? Thanks!
How do I do that without your email address and name !?!?!?!? :c onfused:

anyways Email the email from my signature that you would like to be on the list. we like having everyone going through the main support email for tracking reasons. Our list is longer than the current supply but we will do our best to get a unit to as many people as we can!
Boat: 2005 Maristar 280 SST Twin Crusader 375
Old 07-05-2018, 05:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197
this thread is wild. OP, certainly you have intentions of filling more than 10 orders....
Old 07-05-2018, 06:03 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1999 Mastercraft Maristar 230VRS
I want to see more about it. Pretty impressive if it is does as he claims.

Last edited by fstaslp; 07-06-2018 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstaslp View Post
I want to see more about it. Pretty impressive it is does as he claims.
My wife's sister has all the video from the 4th on her phone. Trying to get her to upload it for me asap so I can post some of the better/ more funny clips
Old 07-05-2018, 07:53 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpollz View Post
this thread is wild. OP, certainly you have intentions of filling more than 10 orders....
The intention is to make it fully functional with minimal cost to everyone. After we get our unknown number (we litterally dont know the number) of test units out and we get a design we can have mass produced, that is when the real fun starts. The goal was to get 10 test units out this summer. But the issue is every unit is being hand made by Dmitry(the founder for lack of better term). It takes a bit of work to get each unit out the door. I am working code to make it run. All the input from testers is extremely critical so we are hand picking each tester based on when they get in line and their perceived interest. Looking to have some new video for everyone in the next few days. If you arent yet interested in being a tester but want to get the one a month update email, send an email to the email in the sign to be put on the mailing list. I will be trying to keep this thread up to date though. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:32 PM
MC Fanatic

Here it is folks, Happy 4th of July from the Michigan SteadyPass crew.
speed target 11.5mph going upstream.

https://youtu.be/J7YusadDv2I
Old 07-06-2018, 08:57 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashCourse316 View Post
Oh, sharp turns surge a bit. I haven't coded in adjustment or detection for sharp turns yet. Turns that dont dump your speed dont have an issue though.
You most probably will not be able to eliminate that. It happens on PP, SG and ZO. In regular 3 event skiing, you drop the skier at each end, so that is how the surge is eliminated.

Quote:
Air and water temp readings
On screen time of day
Air temp, sure, easyÖ So, how do you get the water temp without a paddlewheel? Are these data points on the screen all the time? I would think you want the display as simple as possible during operation.

Other questions:

1. Is there a way on the display to tell that it is engaged? I did not see that.
2. Does the unite engage from a dead stop or do you have to lock it in when you get to desired speed?
3. Does the unit disengage automatically when you throttle down?
4. Have you tested this with slalom? Iím curious as to how it would react with a serious pull.
5. When you engage the unit, do you throttle down to the floor like a ZO or feather it back like a PP?

I ski with a SG and a ZO and would never have a need for your device, but I must say I am a bit impressed.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:12 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
I ski with a SG and a ZO and would never have a need for your device, but I must say I am a bit impressed.
lol. that's the point, you already have speed control. this is for everyone that doesn't have it yet and doesn't need tournament grade speed control, which 95% of the boats out there do not. The number might be more like 99% actually.

The concept is very interesting and if these guys play their cards right they could make a decent splash.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:13 AM
MC Devotee

Quote:
The intention is to make it fully functional with minimal cost to everyone.
OP, your intentions should be to have a good product and MAKE MONEY. Don't leave anything on the table. You may have a good idea here.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:44 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalomjunkie View Post
You most probably will not be able to eliminate that. It happens on PP, SG and ZO. In regular 3 event skiing, you drop the skier at each end, so that is how the surge is eliminated.

Air temp, sure, easy… So, how do you get the water temp without a paddlewheel? Are these data points on the screen all the time? I would think you want the display as simple as possible during operation.

Other questions:

1. Is there a way on the display to tell that it is engaged? I did not see that.
2. Does the unite engage from a dead stop or do you have to lock it in when you get to desired speed?
3. Does the unit disengage automatically when you throttle down?
4. Have you tested this with slalom? I’m curious as to how it would react with a serious pull.
5. When you engage the unit, do you throttle down to the floor like a ZO or feather it back like a PP?

The surging turns I have a few ideas for a turn detection, not saying they will work as planned but it's something I’ll be working on to at least minimize the surge. It will require that RPM reading is hooked up though. right now, I do not have my RPM hooked up on my boat so I’m running this straight off of GPS. on the couple demo clips. I personally believe it is doable. Just because because they all have surging doesn't mean SteadyPass needs to have surging. A lot of the time while not in competition if there is room for the turn and you take it instead of dumping your rider if they want another pass. The surge isn't hard to deal with as a rider or a driver but it is an annoyance and it can be tiring when you are trying to take an easy turn and the boat starts pulling that rope.

Currently every setting is always on screen, I have an open task to add this into the options menu for each setting to have an off/not connected mode which would remove it from the screen if wanted. there is limitation with this though since the boards have limited memory for the code, it's extremely important to optimize every single line to have enough space to make these options.

The display shows OFF, xxxxRPM, or xx.xMPH as the target. targets can be switch while under way and system can be turned off or back on while under way, if the driver forgets and starts with it on or off on accident then they can quickly adjust by a single click.

As for dis-engaging when throttling down, the setup is made to be on or off. it will always try and hit your target if on. when you throttle down it will go to the max limit of power that is set during calibration. It CANNOT make your throttle go higher than where you put it at the helm no matter how you calibrate for safety. If you don't throttle up enough while under way you won't hit your target.

It has not been tested with a "serious" pull yet, we have 2-3 testers that we are working on units for that are part of clubs or have been on a team in the past and I can't wait to get that feedback. Slalom is going to be a big part of the buyers of this system so we are going to do a lot of work on that pending feedback.

If your install gives the system a cable throw the full travel of your main throttle cable, you will be able to fire and forget. However, you can install it any way you like. you just need a minimum of about half the travel distance of your throttle to be effective and forgiving enough on overshoot. No reason for this though, we will be working on a failsafe kit where if your servo fails in the minimum throttle position you will be able to bypass the system and drive as if the system isn't installed without making a large throttle body modification.

EDIT: forgot to address the water temp. Everything is optional. if you don't want it you don't need it. If you do want it, it is just a temp sensor, you don't need a paddle-wheel install, just a little probe thing. If you don't want a holey hull and want to just figure out how to wire through and clip if to the swim platform from through the engine compartment you can, or you can just leave it on the dash and drop it in the water over the side to get a quick temp, or drill a hole, or don't use it at all. It's up to you and it’s like a $10ish part that I believe we will be including as part of the system. We might make it an at cost + shipping addon, all to be determined still but I think I got the point across that it is optional.

Last edited by CrashCourse316; 07-06-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Tags
speedcontrol, steadypass