Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2019, 03:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 40th Anniv. Prostar 197 MCX and Powerslot
As for Pics.....DD has a bunch of them from all of the Buckeye Bash events and I am terrible at posting photo's....I am lucky to know how to type a simple response which is why I stick to driving and skiing!
Old 01-17-2019, 04:10 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: 2003 PS197, MCX, Powerslot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkski View Post
Great idea......
DD, I will bring the spare one I have to BHM next weekend for you to work with and maybe we can see what we can do to get it done. I would bet that if we talk to the right folks at MC, they would agree to give us permission to have them made for our use only seeing as how MC no longer supports this decal and an MC boat out there on the water with less than optimal decals is a poor reflection on the owner and MC (OK, maybe that last one is a stretch)!
Exactly....not on the owner, but on MC. Just like the 30th seats deal. MC didn't have an answer, so I made it with their permission. You would think that MC would make some sort of deal with somebody to make their old decals for customers since they are not willing to produce them any longer and just charge a royalty. 10 years is NOTHING for a boat, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to get original decals just because they won't make them. It's not your fault guys, but the situation which is the genesis for this thread is frustrating to me.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:12 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2008 X14, w/ LY6 400HP w/ 1.22 Ratio Tran
Quote:
Great idea......
DD, I will bring the spare one I have to BHM next weekend for you to work with and maybe we can see what we can do to get it done. I would bet that if we talk to the right folks at MC, they would agree to give us permission to have them made for our use only seeing as how MC no longer supports this decal and an MC boat out there on the water with less than optimal decals is a poor reflection on the owner and MC (OK, maybe that last one is a stretch)!

I think I know a guy who has a connection at MC that we can start with.... Or Knox...

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-17-2019, 04:13 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2008 X14, w/ LY6 400HP w/ 1.22 Ratio Tran
Quote:
As for Pics.....DD has a bunch of them from all of the Buckeye Bash events and I am terrible at posting photo's....I am lucky to know how to type a simple response which is why I stick to driving and skiing!

Yeah, bring the decal and Iíll take the picture.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 01-17-2019, 04:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 197 Prostar 40th Anniversary
it's just as frustrating/infuriating as charging $400 per chrome star emblem that costs what.....$5.00 to make and they used to sell for probably like what... $30-40? All i want to do is show my beautiful MC off....I don't know why they aren't more willing to help/allow their consumers take the pride and joy that they have for their products and show it
Old 01-17-2019, 04:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2008 40th Anniversary X-Star Saltwater Series
I'm in a similar situation owning a 40th X-Star. Luckily, I do have a set of the pinstriping for each side, two of the domed "MasterCraft" decals, a few stars, a couple 40th badges, and the "X-Star" decals should anything ever happen. I removed the chromex MasterCraft decal from the transom as that area seems to be the most susceptible to fine scratches here and there and I got tired of buffing around/in between the letters. I am in agreement that it seems crazy that we are unable to source replacements for these. Stuff happens.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:09 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterMC View Post
I'm in a similar situation owning a 40th X-Star. Luckily, I do have a set of the pinstriping for each side, two of the domed "MasterCraft" decals, a few stars, a couple 40th badges, and the "X-Star" decals should anything ever happen. I removed the chromex MasterCraft decal from the transom as that area seems to be the most susceptible to fine scratches here and there and I got tired of buffing around/in between the letters. I am in agreement that it seems crazy that we are unable to source replacements for these. Stuff happens.
I'm only happy when my MC is happy

Also...i am going to be starting a thread soon on all the work i'm doing on my boat during the next few months so I will be posting pictures there. Will hopefully be able to post them later tonight
Old 01-17-2019, 06:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: xStar, 2008, LY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterMC View Post
Wow, you have a lot of stuff. Can't believe you've got the 40th badges. And for $400 I might have a star to sell.
1969 Glastron
Old 01-17-2019, 09:44 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2008 Prostar 214, MCX, Mini-Tower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D View Post
I think I know a guy who has a connection at MC that we can start with.... Or Knox...

And if that fails .... we have friends!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
"Do you have Flake on that boat?"
Old 01-22-2019, 06:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

looking forward to hopefully getting some decals!!!!