X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diesel
    MC Devotee
    • Aug 2004

Got a bunch of things done this weekend that you don't really see. Ran the 5/8 heater hose under the floor and up to the heater core. For those doing this in the future and 440 already explained:

Remove heater loop on engine.
    Note which one is out and which one is return from the loop.
    Out to heater goes to intake on the circulation pump.
    Circulation pump to heater core.
    Heater core back to return on the engine.

I think I noticed where the factory mounted the pump as there were two holes that lined up with the pump bracket on the port side divider - you can see them just below the ballast pump in the first pic. I found a better place just below the engine on the port side. A few pics.
    Attached Files
    05 ProStar 209, Navy Flake, Slate Gray, MCX 1:1 Sold
    15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• Diesel
      MC Devotee
      • Aug 2004

Here is a final pics of the heater core mounted, heater hoses and all hot tubes connected. Waiting on carpet to finish out the enclosure.
      Attached Files
      15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• maniacmikes
        MC Devotee
        • May 2014

Great Job. Fits great... I love to maximize usable space myself, so I appreciate the extra effort you put in to keep the storage locations clean.
        The question is not whether life exists after death, but whether you were alive before death - Osho

Comment

• Footin
          MC Addict
          • Aug 2004

Clean install! reminds me of when you first got the 209 and the projects.
          OH-IO!

Comment

• FourFourty
            MC Maniac
            • Nov 2010

Awesome job

Comment

• barneyferd
              TT Enthusiast
              • Aug 2019

Really impressive work! I'm continually amazed by the ingenuity of people on this site, and the mad skills and equipment to be able do something like this. I'm jelly...
              Jerry

2020 X22
              2018 XT22
              2014 Aqua Patio
              2003 Malibu Response LXi
              2001 Malibu Sunsetter
              1978 Ski Supreme

Comment

• Diesel
                MC Devotee
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by maniacmikes View Post
                Great Job. Fits great... I love to maximize usable space myself, so I appreciate the extra effort you put in to keep the storage locations clean.
                Old habits die hard having owned a PS205 and PS209 you could not afford to give up any space. I spend all this time tucking things away, then step back and look at the size of the X24 and have to chuckle. Even when I have more storage than I could ever need, it still makes me feel good.
                15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• Diesel
                  MC Devotee
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Footin View Post
                  Clean install! reminds me of when you first got the 209 and the projects.

Hard to believe that was 16 years ago Footin. Once the 209 install was finished, I had 14 summers on it without a hiccup. So it's good to have some new projects. Also, glad to have the time to do it over the winter.
                  15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• Diesel
                    MC Devotee
                    • Aug 2004

Oh still trying to track down how to wire in the heater circulation pump.

It seems some people wire it to the heater switch so when the heater is blowing the circulation pump is running. You can blow straight through the pump so I think coolant will flow even with the pump turned off.

It appears Mastercraft has the pump running anytime the engine is running. On my x23 there is a relay down by the front starboard engine mount, and I believe it is triggered by the fuel pump. I could replicate this easily, but....

Given the GDI uses a ePDM, I am starting to think there is an output that is used to power the circulation pump. There is a small white/black connecter that appears comes from the ePDM with a cap on it down by the front starboard engine mount. I am suspecting this may may be the answer. Given almost all other options have provisions already wired in my boat, I have a hard time believing MC/Ilmore did not include a heater circulation pump provision.

I have tried to track down a boat here locally that has a heater to investigate. Anyone with a factory heater have time to investigate where the leads from the circulation pump go? Or anyone have access to wiring schematics. I had a set for my X23, but have not found any for the new boat.
                    15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• Magoo
                      TT Enthusiast
                      • Dec 2014

I can look at that area in my boat next time at storage, could FaceTime or something if needed. Sending you my number.

Comment

• Thrall
                        MC Addict
                        • Jul 2004

Nice job Diesel!
                        I cut the hot tubes in like extra cup holders in the tunnels on our X2 and haven’t seen an install like that since.
                        Idk why not because it’s the perfect location for them.
                        '06 X2 MCX

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

Comment

• Diesel
                          MC Devotee
                          • Aug 2004

Finally got this finished up.

A huge thanks to Magoo. He was able to track down how the factory powers the circulation pump and confirm it is a circuit from the Ilmore ePDM. It's a black and white pigtail that comes off the engine harness near the starboard transmission mount.
                          Attached Files
                          15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• Diesel
                            MC Devotee
                            • Aug 2004

So I made a quick harness.
                            Attached Files
                            15 X23 7.4 FOR SALE

Comment

• Upnorth07
                              MC Devotee
                              • May 2013

The factory Maradyne heater unit in my 2020 produces sub-par heat...20k BTUs I believe. So after talking to both Maradyne and HeaterCraft, I also ordered a HeaterCraft 340 unit. Bummer is that while I ordered it the first of March, it still hasn’t arrived. HeaterCraft said their fan motors come from Italy (and he said they are much higher quality than the Maradyne motors made in China) and with Covid and supply/demand being much higher than expected, it is taking forever for stuff to get to them.

Question for all, I’ll need to add back a bit of coolant to the system after the swap. My Ilmor manual states to us propylene glycol 50/50 mix. My coolant appears to be green from the factory. What brand are you guys using when topping off your coolant? Ilmor does not specify a brand. I have the 5.3L GDI closed cooled motor.
                              Former: 2007 X15

Comment

• WolverineFW
                                TT Enthusiast
                                • Mar 2020

I would contact Ilmor and ask them what type of coolant it is in there. Color doesn't mean anything. If you mix in the wrong type, you will end up with a sludgey mess.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X