• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tookeymonster
    MC Devotee
    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by gwozhog View Post
    Your description of a Pavati owner is pretty much across the board for all the brands available today. Typical wakeboat owner today will spend most of his day at the party cove more than anything else. I would even bet that 75 percent of 100k boat owners can’t even jump heelside wake to wake and 99 percent can’t jump frontside wake to wake. Just beer, tattoos, and loud music and an occasional surf set is the lifestyle I mostly see on the water now. I do miss the slutty trashy foul mouthed woman though. I have not seen a bikini on the water in months. Hurry up Summer!!
    Good keep them off the water and in the cove! Lol we are on the water when everyone is in the cove. When they come out we go in! I put over 100 hrs in Colorado on my new boat the 1st year. The 2nd year we got hit hard with storms that destroyed us and reduced our boat hrs to 56. But totalled my wife car that towed the boat and put holes in my camper that we have to use for boating. Bad summer....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• LostDriver669
      MC Fanatic
      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by TheLivinIsEasy View Post
      I wasn't talking about surfing. I said cruising. An AL24 weighs about the same as an XT22 without ballast. It is like 1200 pounds less than an X24 (approximately 20% lighter) . It also has a 575hp engine, so comparing it to a GDI doesn't make sense. Give me top speed/fuel efficiency of an X24 with a 7.4 at WOT v. an AL24, and I bet the Pavati wins. Even cruising at a lesser speed, I bet it wins. Look, I don't really care about Pavatis, but the benefits of an aluminum hull are durability, strength, and weight.
      Weight is not a huge factor when it comes to economy in a boat. The running surface is much more important as your literally pushing a object through a medium that doesn’t want to move.

Comment

• TheLivinIsEasy
        TT Enthusiast
        • Feb 2018

Originally posted by LostDriver669 View Post
        Weight is not a huge factor when it comes to economy in a boat. The running surface is much more important as your literally pushing a object through a medium that doesn’t want to move.
        Agree to disagree. The more weight, the more water that needs to be displaced because the boat sinks further into the water. Run your boat with no ballast and then fill the ballast and tell me that you are getting the same fuel efficiency and top speed.

Comment

• SS LS1
          MC Devotee
          • Jul 2006

Agree to disagree. The more weight, the more water that needs to be displaced because the boat sinks further into the water. Run your boat with no ballast and then fill the ballast and tell me that you are getting the same fuel efficiency and top speed.
          More weight in the same hull as in your scenario will obviously equate to increased fuel consumption as there is also increased wetted area of the running surface.

The discussion above that seems to be getting some sensitive about revolves around differnt hulls and hull designs, not more weight in the same hull. More weight of Hull "X" does not always equal a lower fuel efficiency of a lighter Hull "Y" due to design properties such as prop driveline angle, lifting strakes, transom hook etc. which affect the drag and wetted running surface at speed.

Simplistic thinking that doesn't always apply to reality and is not a good leg to stand on in an "argument"
          XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
          SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
          SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
          SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

• Tookeymonster
            MC Devotee
            • Sep 2017

Different hulls, different motors, different gears is what plays the most factor. Same boat with same power plant and same gears... yeah.

My NXT22 with the GDI motor with more ballasts and lead gets better fuel economy than the stock NXT22 with the 6.0 with no extra ballast.

Comment

• ejj
              TT Enthusiast
              • Oct 2015

Not a boat for me! But I have no doubt that these are the toughest hulls built for any pleasure boat. I’ve spent time in their other lines. The aluminum river boats and work boats like those from Pavati or Hewes Craft are built for use. Go to Alaska and these things are all you see.

Comment

• JTNG
                TT Enthusiast
                • Jun 2009

I have my Pavati

It wasn't too expensive
                Attached Files

Comment

• WakeRider107
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • Feb 2012

When will this company go upside down - these bro boats are an embarrassment to the wake community. Surprised I havent seen a Pavati roll coal yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X