Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 04-30-2021, 08:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Mastercraft XT21
Soft suspension?.....Towing might actually make it ride better. The 2019 I drove felt like I was driving an unloaded 1996 1 ton truck.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2021, 09:58 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft x14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFW View Post
Soft suspension?.....Towing might actually make it ride better. The 2019 I drove felt like I was driving an unloaded 1996 1 ton truck.

By soft I wasn't really coming from a comfort perspective but more from the beefiness side of things with the rear end. Never been a fan of having the rear end bob while I am towing.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:12 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 X25
Finally got a chance to tow with the Cayenne today and really impressed. Coming from a 2007 Avalanche with 2wd and active suspension I was a little concerned how this would handle it. Cayenne outperformed it in every way. Didnít get pushed by the X25 at all, no issues with brakes on all the steep hills of Lakeway I have to deal with. Also took it to the worst ramp in town,IMO, and it didnít even skip a tire going up or down. Avalanche was drug by the X25 down that ramp more than once and I eventually quit using it.
Biggest surprise was how much more pleasant it is to back down tight ramps or into my inclosed storage. With a full size truck it requires a spotter and possibly filing for divorce. Cayenne is a one person job. Mirrors are not great, probably the only downside I can come up with.
Mine is a 2013 GTS with adjustable air suspension and shock settings. Preferred to tow in sport mode, manual shift and shocks set to normal.
Attached Images

Old 05-03-2021, 03:22 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2012 X15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun R View Post
Finally got a chance to tow with the Cayenne today and really impressed. Coming from a 2007 Avalanche with 2wd and active suspension I was a little concerned how this would handle it. Cayenne outperformed it in every way. Didnít get pushed by the X25 at all, no issues with brakes on all the steep hills of Lakeway I have to deal with. Also took it to the worst ramp in town,IMO, and it didnít even skip a tire going up or down. Avalanche was drug by the X25 down that ramp more than once and I eventually quit using it.
Biggest surprise was how much more pleasant it is to back down tight ramps or into my inclosed storage. With a full size truck it requires a spotter and possibly filing for divorce. Cayenne is a one person job. Mirrors are not great, probably the only downside I can come up with.
Mine is a 2013 GTS with adjustable air suspension and shock settings. Preferred to tow in sport mode, manual shift and shocks set to normal.
That's a great looking tow rig/boat combo! Any chance we see it at the MasterBash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2011 X25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
That's a great looking tow rig/boat combo! Any chance we see it at the MasterBash?
I may actually make it this year. Past years was always on my birthday or during a fishing tournament.
Old 05-03-2021, 04:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2012 X15
Quote:
I may actually make it this year. Past years was always on my birthday or during a fishing tournament.
I'll be on the lookout for your registration

It's shaping up to be an awesome event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplandbird View Post
Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:37 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2018 Mastercraft XT21
Quote:

Nice setup.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:27 PM
MC Addict

Boat: '06 X2 MCX
Newish camper! Wife loves it. Kids love it! I want another truck camper. No fcking way this thing is going up FS roads!

There’s a 32’ long enclosed sled trailer hiding behind it in the driveway...
Attached Images

"I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN
Old 05-10-2021, 10:05 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
What’s the interior width? Looks awesome!

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer
Old 05-10-2021, 11:03 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2001 X-star 5.7L LTR, 2000 Prostar 190 5.7L LTR, both dark green
Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonvp View Post
By soft I wasn't really coming from a comfort perspective but more from the beefiness side of things with the rear end. Never been a fan of having the rear end bob while I am towing.
You can make anything stiff with the right shocks, that doesn't say anything about their strength...