Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 09-20-2020, 10:08 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Achilles sg124
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
Gsxrgrizz - I have a 2006 X15, so we have the same hull. I like my wave better without a shaper. I have tried two different ones and although they make the wave slightly longer, the push was diminished considerably. I run the wakemaker's piggyback system with the bow bag completely full. Then I have a 900lb SumoSac in the back. I run it as full as I can, which is probably at least 700lbs. I run nothing in the rear on the non-surf side. Then as long as I have 1 person sit in the surfside rear corner, my wave is pretty dang on good.

I have actually installed the GSA system on a Moomba for a buddy of mine. I drilled about 28 holes in his boat, pretty scary. I don't think that I could do that on mine without riding in an X15 with the GSA. I didn't ride in my buddy's boat before or after the GSA, so I can't say how much it helped. He sold the boat the season after I installed the GSA.
I would build a swimplatform gate for your x15. The bigger the better too.
Old 09-20-2020, 10:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwozhog View Post
I would build a swimplatform gate for your x15. The bigger the better too.

Iím not sure what you mean by a swim platform gate, can you elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-21-2020, 11:29 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X-15
Aftermarket Surf Gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmercil View Post
What did you find out? I am literally in the same spot as you / with the X15 that I love - really curious on what you did - or are interested in doing around the automated gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmercil View Post
What did you find out? I am literally in the same spot as you / with the X15 that I love - really curious on what you did - or are interested in doing around the automated gates

Iíve decided a few things over the summer....

1. Adding automated gates seem to be more of a PITA than their worth. Iíve talked to very few people who added them after market and are happy with them.

Iíve been trialing a Surf Gate from a member on this forum and had some great results. I am not sure if he wants me to talk about it yet or not so I will wait for him to let me know.

I was using the Mission Delta with mixed results. It provided an OK wave WHEN I COULD GET IT TO STICK!!! For the most part, we would just get in the pocket and start to have fun and it would detach....super frustrating!!

In the end, I we found that adding the wake shaper before taking the boat off our lift helped. We also decided that we just need to be happy with our wake....it never was BAD but we felt it definitely could be improved. The problem was, we became obsessed with make a better wave instead of just enjoying surfing.

Below is a pic of our wave.....no shaper, back ballast tank full and my wifeís friend sitting on the back of the boat.

Our of curiosity, Iíd be interested to hear what you all think of the wave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk