• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 86Skier
    MC Fanatic
    • May 2013

Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    Backstory or it didn't happen.... well, maybe it still did, but inquisitive minds want to know more....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• JasterCraft
      MC Devotee
      • Oct 2011

Flipping for a Mastercraft

Originally posted by 86Skier View Post
      Backstory or it didn't happen.... well, maybe it still did, but inquisitive minds want to know more....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Saw it listed locally on BoatTrader for $20k and I reached out right away. The lady sounded pretty desperate to sell. I asked a buddy of mine to come be an extra set of hands. It is definitely a fixer-upper and I estimated it would need about $8-10k in rehab (interior, stereo, wet sand, a few mechanical issues, etc) so I negotiated her down to $14k. I had every intention of buying, fixing, and flipping but then my buddy offered to buy it as-is and give me a nice little finder’s fee. So technically speaking, it never actually was in my name but I did sell it for more than I bought it for. She was happy, my friend is happy, and I got a little more cash to go find my next deal. Win-win-win.

Sorry to hijack the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Troy

Comment

• JohnE
        Super Moderator
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by JasterCraft View Post
        Saw it listed locally on BoatTrader for $20k and I reached out right away. The lady sounded pretty desperate to sell. I asked a buddy of mine to come be an extra set of hands. It is definitely a fixer-upper and I estimated it would need about $8-10k in rehab (interior, stereo, wet sand, a few mechanical issues, etc) so I negotiated her down to $14k. I had every intention of buying, fixing, and flipping but then my buddy offered to buy it as-is and give me a nice little finder’s fee. So technically speaking, it never actually was in my name but I did sell it for more than I bought it for. She was happy, my friend is happy, and I got a little more cash to go find my next deal. Win-win-win.

Good score, for you getting a small fee and your buddy getting a project that should turn into a great tug.
        Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• aarvig
          TT Regular
          • Aug 2018

Dang! At the rate you're going you'll be driving a new x-star in 2 years!! Keep up the good work! I agree...hot boat market. Keep flipping.

Comment

• Upnorth07
            MC Devotee
            • May 2013

Originally posted by JasterCraft View Post

This is awesome! Like you said, win, win, win and saving an MC!
            Former: 2007 X15

Comment

Working...
            X