X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mzimme
    MC Addict
    • Mar 2012

I'd also stay away from that year Supra unless you just come across a great deal. Most of the "deals" you'll find though are the direct drive versions, so there's that too. I haven't really heard the bad vinyl talk on the Supra's like I have with MC's, but MC's outnumber those boats like crazy, so that's not a surprise.

2005/2006 is when Supra modernized their hulls, depending on the model you look at. I'd stick with those, but unless you run across a steal like I did, you likely won't get into one at your budget.

There's your Supra info
    -Mike

Comment

• BSchneider4
      TT Newbie
      • Jan 2015

Thanks for the responses and knowledgeable information. This has definitely been the most friendly and active forum I have visited. Wake faller that is a good looking boat, that is the type of boat I want to find. A person on the forum that does not have their boat listed yet, but is willing to sale. I would feel better about the boat being "taken care of" that way.

Comment

• mzimme
        MC Addict
        • Mar 2012

Originally posted by BSchneider4 View Post
        Thanks for the responses and knowledgeable information. This has definitely been the most friendly and active forum I have visited. Wake faller that is a good looking boat, that is the type of boat I want to find. A person on the forum that does not have their boat listed yet, but is willing to sale. I would feel better about the boat being "taken care of" that way.
        This is a great forum. Regardless of what boat you choose... stick around. The powerplants are all similar, and the people on this site are incredibly knowledgeable. It's worth hanging around.
        -Mike

Comment

• jafo9
          MC Devotee
          • Jan 2011

i wouldn't be scared off by vinyl. to me thats not a horrible fix and definitely a DIY project that you can do over several seasons. you can also use the vinyl as a pretty strong negotiating tool. i'm about 1/2 way into replacing my 02 vinyl. i do a few pieces an off season. the only down side to doing it this way is that i've had to keep the factory look. there are some guys on here that have taken some early 2000s boats and redone the interior to match a new MC. they look pretty great, but would look silly if done piecemeal. good luck.

Comment

• MC25
            MC Master Poster
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mzimme View Post
            This is a great forum. Regardless of what boat you choose... stick around. The powerplants are all similar, and the people on this site are incredibly knowledgeable. It's worth hanging around.
            Unless you buy the supra....
            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• mzimme
              MC Addict
              • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Aric'sX15 View Post
              Unless you buy the supra....
              Truth. They hate Supra guys here.
              -Mike

Comment

• BSchneider4
                TT Newbie
                • Jan 2015

haha, the nautique board seems to "hate" the mastercraft guys for some reason...

Comment

• Wake Faller
                  TT Enthusiast
                  • Oct 2008

THEY HATE US CAUSE THEY AINT US!!!!

Comment

• gwozhog
                    MC Devotee
                    • Jul 2013

You cant go wrong with either the 210 or xstar. Buy the cleanest, lowest hour, reasonably priced on eyou find and call it a day. I have never read a review about an owner hating either one. Usually after they sell it they write reviews how they never should have sold it. The mastercraft will have a softer wake though. I wish both manufacturers would bring back both boats.lightweight, fuel efficient, and built to last with none of all the touch screen garbage and other over engineered electronics that have no business being in a marine environment. Malibu and supra MEH! I guess you could buy one for the same amount of money but they will never be a mastercraft or Nautique. You might end up with buyers remorse quick. Good luck!

Comment

• GoneBoatN
                      MC Maniac
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by BSchneider4 View Post
                      Hello everyone,
                      I am new to the forum and wake boat ownership as well. I have always kept an eye on this forum over the years and I really respect yalls input and knowledge. I am looking for a v-drive boat in the 20k-25k range. I am mainly interested in early Mastercraft X-Star/205v (2000-2002), Malibu Wakesetters (2001-2003), Nautiques (2000-2002), and Supra Launch SSV (2002-2004), but I am open to good deals. I have thoroughly searched Craigslist, Boattrader, and OnlyInboards, but I have not much luck. I am located in Nashville and I would appreciate it if anyone knows of any for sale or have any trade-in boats to let know. I have cash in hand for the right boat. I look forward to hearing yalls input. Thanks.
                      Are you mainly interested in wakeboard wake?

I'd agree with the "find the best of the lot" comment as I think you will be limited by condition of what you are going to find in that age range. They have subtle differences.

For the Nauti, I've ridden behind a friends 210. Really nice wake: shortish, rampy and nice and firm. So you get a most excellent boost into the air. Lacks room in the interior. Riding with 4 people and winter riding gear was pretty cramped but I jump at the chance to ride behind that boat anytime. This Saturday in fact.

For the VLX: the wake has a relatively short transition but longer than the Nauti 210. Pretty firm. Wedge up and the lip is a little more mellow (sometimes a good thing), wedge down and the lip is a lot more pronounced. Of the group this boat has the most interior room.

For the 205v hull: Add a bit of ballast (around 3k lbs) and you get a pretty good wake. Will not have the lip of the above boats, will not have the density of the 210. That being said the wakes do not spread as fast as other boats. This is nice as you can let the rope out and the extra length provides for easier timing and a nice long progressive edge so easier to have max speed hitting the wake. Maybe just a bit more interior space than the Nauti 210 but less than the VLX.

Find a good deal on any of the above and it would be difficult not to be a happy camper.

No input on the Supra as I have no experience there.
                      I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
                      ---
                      Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
                      ---
                      My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me
                      ---
                      It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

• VP46
                        MC Devotee
                        • Jul 2012

Here's a 02 210 for you 28k.... 336hrs. Looks Ok, stereo is a mess.

Comment

• MC25
                          MC Master Poster
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by GoneBoatN View Post
                          Are you mainly interested in wakeboard wake?

I'd agree with the "find the best of the lot" comment as I think you will be limited by condition of what you are going to find in that age range. They have subtle differences.

For the Nauti, I've ridden behind a friends 210. Really nice wake: shortish, rampy and nice and firm. So you get a most excellent boost into the air. Lacks room in the interior. Riding with 4 people and winter riding gear was pretty cramped but I jump at the chance to ride behind that boat anytime. This Saturday in fact.

For the 205v hull: Add a bit of ballast (around 3k lbs) and you get a pretty good wake. Will not have the lip of the above boats, will not have the density of the 210. That being said the wakes do not spread as fast as other boats. This is nice as you can let the rope out and the extra length provides for easier timing and a nice long progressive edge so easier to have max speed hitting the wake. Maybe just a bit more interior space than the Nauti 210 but less than the VLX.

Find a good deal on any of the above and it would be difficult not to be a happy camper.

No input on the Supra as I have no experience there.

You must have ridden one messed up 205v!! Haha. "Pretty good wakeboard wake" and not as lippy?! When loaded right it's a wall. Which is how I like it. Haha. 205v with 4k in it is about as good as it could possibly get. Extremely lippy!
                          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                          For Sale:
                          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Cain0725
                            MC Fanatic
                            • Feb 2014

i know a guy who is rebuilding a motor due to not knowing history and bs when he bought it, i concur, drive and get dealer to check out or water test

Comment

• Cain0725
                              MC Fanatic
                              • Feb 2014

i don't know where you are willing to travel but i do know a buddy who is fixing to sell his XSTAR, its a 98-00 model.(not sure) but he is the second owner and you could eat of the engine. He is OCD to the max and a good guy. I know the boat and ride behind it, Looks almost new and very very good shape. think he is at mid 20's or so. If your interested let me know and i will get you his contact info

Comment

• BSchneider4
                                TT Newbie
                                • Jan 2015

Sure Cain0725, I would like to know a little more info about it. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X