Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-14-2021, 06:03 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2011 X25
Menards sells 6 gallon cans, I fill up four of them when I take the boat into town to get thru another day.

It works well with the 3/4 inch shaker siphon.
Old 06-14-2021, 10:39 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2018 NXT22, 1996 Maristar 200 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr Bulit View Post
I bought the 7.5 flo-fast cans and the pump with the dual cart. Its a great system and set up for me and my beach. I was going to get the 10.5 cans but was concerned about lifting them up and down from my truck
I use two of the Flo-Fast 15 gallon tanks. But you can get 16 gallons in them easy. They are about 100lb each which isn't too bad for just unloading them from the back of the truck. Each tank has its dolly for going down the hill and out on the dock. The Flo-Fast hand pump is amazing takes about two minutes to empty a tank.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:28 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2021 XT22
We built a gas trailer specifically because we were sick of dragging cans all over. It is great. We used a small trailer from Northern tool, put a sheet of Al diamond plate on the top of it, installed a 55 gallon fuel tank with fuel pump (like for a pick-up) a 50ft hose and gas station style pump handle. We use a deep cycle battery for the pump and have only had to charge it 1-2 times in a year or two to keep it fresh. We use it for everything from the boat to the tractor and wave runners. Just tow it to the lake behind the golf cart and pull it to the gas station when it is empty. Probably could have gone a little bigger on the tank but it is way better than hauling and tipping cans!
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2021, 12:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 XStar, 2020 Crest
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKK3 View Post
We built a gas trailer specifically because we were sick of dragging cans all over. It is great. We used a small trailer from Northern tool, put a sheet of Al diamond plate on the top of it, installed a 55 gallon fuel tank with fuel pump (like for a pick-up) a 50ft hose and gas station style pump handle. We use a deep cycle battery for the pump and have only had to charge it 1-2 times in a year or two to keep it fresh. We use it for everything from the boat to the tractor and wave runners. Just tow it to the lake behind the golf cart and pull it to the gas station when it is empty. Probably could have gone a little bigger on the tank but it is way better than hauling and tipping cans!
That is super cool!

I saw a similar fuel trailer you can order, but the $3k price tag scared me away.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2003 X-Series MCX
I am waiting for a transfer tank to fall in my lap and I plan to do the same thing.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:39 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2021 XT22
Yeah it was a bit pricey. It think it cost around $1500 to build but it will last forever, is super easy to use and should maintain its value. The most expensive thing is the hose reel. If you can get a way with a shorter hose you could save some money.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:13 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2021 X24 GDI6000
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Johnson View Post
We run through about 20 gallons per day if we are surfing from our dock. Five gallon cans and a shaker do the trick just fine. I can't roll anything large down to my dock due to stone steps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxMC View Post
Then you rock. I didn't use 20 gallons last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Really! We burn 5 to 10 gallons/day skiing. You need to get up and out earlier!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislandy View Post
Used 45gal this year already about 15hrs of skiing

2x 5gal containers at a time is good as you can balance the weight down any slipway / steps, although we're on propane now so don't get the warmup before skiing from refuelling

I want to trade for your gas bill. We are going through about 40-45 gallons a day on both Saturday and Sunday of each weekend. So I estimate that we are north of 300 gallons so far this season (mainly all surfing). I use three 6 gallon cans, five 5 gallon cans and a 1" shaker valve and hose. But reading through this thread the idea of a funnel and hose attached to the dock seems pretty intriguing. Sometimes it is a challenge to get the shaker to start the siphon on the 1" hose. We burn so much gas in the boat that I keep the receipts and submit them at the end of the year to get a refund on the road tax.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:20 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2021 Prostar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKK3 View Post
This trailer is perfect. I spent way to much of my day online looking for parts to replicate your trailer!
Old 06-23-2021, 01:36 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x-15, SOLD 1994 prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
This trailer is perfect. I spent way to much of my day online looking for parts to replicate your trailer!
yes this. that trailer got me WAY too excited
2016 Ford Flex
3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
1 kid in college
Old 06-23-2021, 01:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x-15, SOLD 1994 prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaugler View Post
I use two of the Flo-Fast 15 gallon tanks. But you can get 16 gallons in them easy. They are about 100lb each which isn't too bad for just unloading them from the back of the truck. Each tank has its dolly for going down the hill and out on the dock. The Flo-Fast hand pump is amazing takes about two minutes to empty a tank.
I use this as well and when it gets light enough I throw a rope over the dock rafters and hoist it up tipping and shaking to get as much as I can out. That and a velcro on the handle makes it easy.

But I have a short gentle slope to the water and use a hitch rack.
2016 Ford Flex
3 kids, a wife, and a boat dog
1 kid in college