Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-18-2021, 11:16 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 CSX 220 SWS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88 PS190 View Post
That was the demise of waterski magazine as well. 5 tips to master your wake crossings. #1 buy the brand new Malibu TXi its flat buttery wakes will instantly improve your wake crossings. #2 The smooth power delivery of Indmar engines with Zero off
As someone who golfs as well I am all for these types of articles, I always blame my 90+ scorecard on my clubs. Never dawned on me I could just blame my questionable wakeboarding skills on my boat. These articles are great affirmation that my lack of practice and physical ability are never to blame.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:23 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2020 XStar
Lots of better boats missing from those lists. Many of the choices are quite comical..... Some are, in fact, great surf boats.
Old 08-18-2021, 11:47 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2019 XT22
I cannot and will never understand internet armchair quarterbacking a boat purchase.

If you buy a boat based off reviews and not experience, you should probably just buy a Pavati.

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer
Old 08-18-2021, 12:15 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2001 Prostar 205V
The waketractor-2 made one of the lists... enough said!
Old 08-18-2021, 01:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC25 View Post
I cannot and will never understand internet armchair quarterbacking a boat purchase.

If you buy a boat based off reviews and not experience, you should probably just buy a Pavati.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2021, 02:11 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Malibu 23 lSV 2021 M6Di
I'd like to see a completely unbiased review of current boats just for grins. I agree that most of this is pay to play.......but it would be interesting to have a non-biased review. I just fail to see how that's possible. I've been behind Natuques, Bu, MC, and Tige. All have interesting benefits and drawbacks. All perform pretty well, too. The Tige is at the bottom of this list, however it's still a great boat. I personally don't care for the wave. I'd take any of the upper models from the big 3 and be happy.
Old 08-18-2021, 02:17 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2020 x star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
I'd like to see a completely unbiased review of current boats just for grins. I agree that most of this is pay to play.......but it would be interesting to have a non-biased review. I just fail to see how that's possible. I've been behind Natuques, Bu, MC, and Tige. All have interesting benefits and drawbacks. All perform pretty well, too. The Tige is at the bottom of this list, however it's still a great boat. I personally don't care for the wave. I'd take any of the upper models from the big 3 and be happy.
I have always wished there was a Doug DeMuro for boats. Maybe this is my next calling but I dont have a strong enough relationship with anyone in the industry to get the access I need. But man it would be an awesome resource for guiding the beginning of the purchase process.
Old 08-18-2021, 07:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: '06 X30, '22 XT23 on the way
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchur1 View Post
I have always wished there was a Doug DeMuro for boats.
*like button*

I think that all the time!

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC
Old 08-18-2021, 08:51 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '99 205v
Quote:
Originally Posted by TolCarMan View Post
To me it seems like MC gets the label of being a skiers boat outside of the MC community. A couple of my SAN and BU friends have tossed that idea around which I thought was interesting. Those who have actually been behind the new MCs know better lol. I also agree with whats said above ^^
The fact that anyone would take that view as anything but a compliment highlights how nerfed our society has become. Waterskiing is perhaps the peak of water sports. Iíd say it probably takes the most skill. And I havenít water skied in years. Wakeboarding is my thing now, so I am admittedly a bit nerfed myself, but its mainly because I used to be a snowboarder and just ride better sideways. But when did the surf craze replace the need for speed? All dopamine and no adrenaline. What a drag.
Old 08-19-2021, 07:57 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 2016 200 Sport Nautique
I canceled a very long time ago as well for the same reasons. The articles and opinion pieces were about as reliable as the mainstream media is today. One paid for advertisement after another. The lists referenced are ridiculous. That said I do believe you should look at all your options. Boats have come a long way in general and the gap is closing between first and second tier boats. If nothing else you can rest better knowing that you picked the right boat for you after looking at all your options.